Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

timeouts?

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:29 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

so my 3 year old has been acting up ALOT lately...shes jelous and mean to her little sister and doesnt want to listen to us....she thinks shes the boss...we have been doing timeouts but doesnt seem like that works...i put her in her room earlier as a timeout and now shes being good? so is this a good idea or bad? and tips or advice is very much appreciated...btw it was a 3 min timeout.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kyairemom1310
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:38 PM
I will like to know some tips and advice too for my 2 year old Boy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myrandabrown13
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:39 PM

BUMP!

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on May. 2, 2012 at 1:40 PM
I use timeouts with my 4yo. We have a designated spot in each area of the house--upstairs, downstairs, backyard, front yard, garage--and that is where she must sit for her 4 minutes. I don't send her to her room because that's where all her toys are; she spends her timeout playing if I do that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myrandabrown13
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:45 PM

thats what i was worried about but she didnt...doesnt mean she wont maybe ill make some timeout papers to put on the wall where she will be spending them?

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

I use timeouts with my 4yo. We have a designated spot in each area of the house--upstairs, downstairs, backyard, front yard, garage--and that is where she must sit for her 4 minutes. I don't send her to her room because that's where all her toys are; she spends her timeout playing if I do that.

myrandabrown13
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:51 PM

BUMP!

phrenicfire89
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:19 PM
Idk, I put my one year old twins in their crib for a one minute time out. For things like hitting, hair pulling and toy snatching. They usually stop crying and do good for 30 more minutes before I count again. I am establishing the 1-2-3 method. good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on May. 2, 2012 at 7:30 PM
We have a small circular rug at each timeout spot. Papers would work great, too. :-)

Quoting myrandabrown13:

thats what i was worried about but she didnt...doesnt mean she wont maybe ill make some timeout papers to put on the wall where she will be spending them?

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)