Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

I feel so alone!

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:12 PM
  • 22 Replies

Hi, I'm Jessica. I am 19 and pregnant, due in October. My baby's father (ex boyfriend) dosn't want to be part of the baby's life, mainly because he thinks I am lying about being pregnant. I have asked him to come to doctors appointments, but he always says he is too busy. He lives 2 hours from me, but I've offered to pay for his gas, plus he dosn't work.. and he still never comes. He has one other child, a little 2 year old boy that he is not allowed to see. For the longest time he told me he didn't know why he couldn't see him, so I looked up his other childs mother and politely asked and explained my situation. She was very helpful told me why, although i promised to keep it to myself, and she also told me that when she asked Chris (baby's father) about me, he said I was lying because I was desperate to get back with him.. Believe me he is deffinately not that special.

Also, I have lost many friends over my situation. 2 friends are sticking by my side, but most of the ones I thought really cared, didn't at all! My mom and dad are being very supportive. My mom is very exited because my sister Kyla (22) is also pregnant, which means 2 grandbabies! She's due in august with a little girl named Shelby. My dad however thinks he is too young to be a grandpa at 50 :P stubborn, but I love him very much! My sister does not really talk to me much about the baby because she is upset that we are pregnant at the same time. She feels I "stole her spotlight". It's not very fair to me because i didn't mean to get pregnant.. It was not planned. I really wish that this could be something we could bond over since we have never really gotten along very well. I try to talk to her about it but she always quickly changes the subject. I wish I didn't feel so alone. Any advice?

by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cuffd
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:25 PM
I know exactly how you feel I was in same spot as you but he was states away he didn't believe me & I had a miscarriage due to stress :( & I was only 16 !!!! My friend was going through same thing I was her only friend by her side I knew wut she was going through & when she had her baby it all changed she wasn't lonely adaly was all she needed ! <3 hope this helps .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Welcome Jessica!  Congrats on your little pumpkin on the way, I'm sorry the dad is in denial and your sister isn't being supportive.

abarker435
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:05 PM

When I got pregnant for the first time, I was only 17. My then boyfriend was going to school 2000 miles away, almost all of my friends ditched me & my parents & my boyfriend's parents tried to convince me to give my baby up for adoption. I felt so alone all the time. The first couple of years were tough but now my "baby" is 5 & about to start kindergarten, I am married to her father & we have 2 more little girls. It wasn't easy, in fact it was really hard, but I wouldn't change it for anything. Message me if you ever need to talk.

BabyBump298
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Hey my name is Olivia, I am 18 and pregnant with my first. I know how you feel about the whole sister situation..but mine is my sister-in-law (hubby's brother's wife). As soon as my husband and I got married (I was 17) she kept saying that she better have a baby before us like it was a contest to have the first grandchild. As soon as she found out that I was late, she was like "Oh! I'm a day late, I bet I'm pregnant!" I was a week and a half late, so I figured I was but I wanted the test to actually show positive. As soon as she found out that we called everybody saying that we were pregnant, she called right after we did and said she was pregnant. Turns out that she never was pregnant and just wanted to try to be the first... I'm sorry that your sister isn't very supportive :(

CafeMom Tickers
tia16
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:27 PM
I can honestly say I've never been in the same exact situation as u... but I have had a pretty rough time...just don't want to exploit it over publicly..I'm very sorry ur sister won't bond with u...and just think whenever the daddy gets a job u will be getting extra money in ur pockets was long was he is known to be the father...if u ever need to talk message me :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kierrasmommi
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Hi Jessica,

I also had my daughter at 19, I'll be 20 in June. It was a struggle as in I was alone soo much during my pregnancy because my husband is in the military, but those friends that stick beside you are the real one's. If the father of your baby will not set forth any efforts to help or just enjoy the pregnancy with you then your better off without him. You deserve better than that & so does your child! If he will not stick by your side now, then he probably never will! Take precautions and try not to stress. This is your time to glow and if the father of your child cannot appreciate this young one then he does not deserve the oppurtunity to father the child! Hope this helps! Good Luck with everything.

Stephanie.

mom2lilboi
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Hey, my name is Lisa. I was in a similar situation except it was my boyfriend's cousin who was pregnant and then I got pregnant. My pregnancy wasnt planned because I was always told I couldn't have kids, so it was a shocker. But she always felt like I stoled her thunder. Which I didnt. My son is 3 now and he is my miracle child. If you talk to your sister and talk to her about your feelings maybe she'll realize that it wasn't your intention to "steal her spotlight" but if she is someone like my husband's cousin, she will not let it go. I have tried talking to her as well and she still holds little competitions. This was bad to the point where I didn't enjoy my pregnancy. I made me not want to keep my son. But as soon as I started letting go of everyone's problem, I was able to enjoy being a mother and doing everything I could to make him happy. Stop worry about everybody because you're gonna miss out on the most joyous event ever in your life. hope this helps. Message me if you ever want to talk.

MommieOf3Angelz
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:35 PM
First and foremost, Congrats! I was in the same situation at your age. I was 19 when I was pregnant and had my son at 20. His "Father" wanted me to get an abortion because he wasn't ready to have children. Thankfully I had my mom to help me through. Being a single parent at any age isn't easy, but you can do it! You have family who loves and supports, that's more then most people have. I found my Mr. right 5 years later :-). Hopefully he will come around, but if not don't let it get you down. You will find someone who loves you and your baby someday. For now focus on a healthy pregnancy and baby! I am sorry that your sister feels like you stole her spotlight. Hopefully in time she will come around.
fordborn92
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

hank you everyone! all of you have helped a ton. I'm trying so hard to keep my head up and not stress out. I just want the best for my baby.

maryoksuz1977
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:13 PM
I hoPe you will keep the baby if want talk please texts me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN