Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Am I wrong for wanting this?

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:15 PM
  • 9 Replies

My name is Stephanie. I have a few issues going on right now that I need opinons on. Well I got married back in April of 2011. Two months later we found out I was pregnant. I had my daughter (Kierra) on Valentines Day of 2012. She is my entire world I might add. Well, my husband is in the military and he is gone sooo much. I feel as if I never get a break because I live nowhere near family to help me through the lonely stages. Well when my husband is home I still do not get a break becasue my daughter is so use to me she will not let anyone else hold her or take care of her. He is gone either 5 days a week, or 3 days a week. So he is barely home. Well I have gotten into a slum where all I wanna do is sit at home and in pajamas. I feel as if I am depressed, but not postpardum depressed. I just feel alone all the time, and like I cannot have one minute to myself, I mean I know that is part of being a mother, but I mean I am not exaggerating when I say I do not get one minute to myself. My family is about 5 hours away from where my husband and I live. I just feel that if I move back home for some while and get myself in order and take my daughter with me it might do me some good. I mean I do not want to leave my husband, but I have to help myself over this hump before I can do anything else. I am just sick of sitting in this house and not being able to ride down the road right to one of my family members house. Am I wrong for wanting to go back home and get things straight and leave my husband behind???

by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Meredithrocks
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I would talk to him about this, and see what he says. If he's gone so often, I'm sure he will understand that you feel lonely and need some time to yourself, and that with him gone so often, it can't happen at home. I hope you can get it figured out!

Check out the new Teen Moms group!

A group exclusively for teen mothers under 20, to talk and ask questions of other teens, about the joys and struggles of teen motherhood!

To visit, click here! : Teen Moms!

piwife
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:03 PM
I been a marine wife for 7 yrs, I have 2 kids ands one on the way. What your feeling is normal especially for us military wives. My family lives in fl we are in nc. Never has it cross my mind to move back home but that's just me, hope things work out for u
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandadbaker
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Talk to him about it, I think if he loves you enough he'd understand. Give your life a little order in it. You need to be happy to make your child and him happy as well. Best of luck to you(:

BeachMama05
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I also feel you should talk to him and then come up with a conclusion. good luck mama

JoyfulMommy1221
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:37 PM
I'm not a military wife, however my family lives 5 hours away from me as well. I felt really lonely when I first moved away from home. Dh isn't much of a social person, so I had to make friends on my own and had no idea where to do it. Now that I have kids, I have more friends! My suggestion is to find a mommy group. See if you have a MOPS group in the area. The one here meets 2x a month with a break for summer. They provide daycare (background checked and same people every meeting) so you get a little break and they talk about all sorts of topics.

Another thing I did was schedule some time to go home for a while. My parents miss their grandbabies and love it when we come visit!

I agree with pp who say to talk to your dh. Maybe he can help you find time to go visit. And yes, I did travel by myself with a baby all the way to my parents' house.
B-FigNewton
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Quoting mandadbaker:

Talk to him about it, I think if he loves you enough he'd understand. Give your life a little order in it. You need to be happy to make your child and him happy as well. Best of luck to you(:

Esme1988
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:41 AM
Hi there! Well ive been a military wife for five years now and we are expecting our fist baby in a couple of days. Um know wxactly how you feel and its bad to wanat to go spend some time with your family but its not the solution. They are no longer what matters most. You decided you wanted to be married with kids to a millitary man and it is your job to be there for your hero :) when he comes home. Try to join mom groups on youre area. Go to chuch and find youre self some great friends! Take youree baby on walks or to the mall even if dont buy anything! And please dont stay in pijamas all day that is depressing!!!!! Get pretty wear make up and nice clothes that always helps a little! You have youre own family now and you need to take of it visit youre family members on a weeeken or when hubby is not in town ! Good luck i hope you start feeling better!
.Angelica.
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:55 AM

i would talk to him and see if you can't work something out. good luck.

1.hot.mama2005
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:13 AM
I would definitely talk to him. I had that exact problem. My ex hubby is air force. We were living in Arkansas and our families lived in Oregon. So I ended up going home to visit my family. That's when problems started. While I was gone he cheated on me. It was all downhill from there. To make a long story short, we are divorced now.
It is very important that you talk to him. I hope you feel better soon. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN