Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

My Life is Turned Around

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:11 PM
  • 10 Replies

Don't get me wrong, I love my daughter Arianna, but this is not what I wanted for my life at the age of 18. I had so many plans for myself, attending a University this fall, going out to the club with my friends, and everything else that comes with being 18. Now, my main focus is on a baby. 

My family talks about me, my dad can't even look at me and I find myself crying almost every single day. I'm so tired of hearing people say that they're disappointed that I could scream! Don't they think I'm disappointed in myself?! So now, instead of buying things for my dorm room, I'm buying diapers, onesies and wipes! I'm not going to pull that "OMG, I can't believe this happened to me!" card, because shit happens, but damn, I can't believe it! Reality still has yet to set in that I'm a mother, it doesn't seem real to me.

My boyfriend of 3 years is very active in our daughters life, but this is not something that we planned and now we have to grow up way faster than we imagined at this time in our lives. We are both very intelligent people, and now we have a responsibility to take care of far bigger than the both of us.

People keep telling me to call them if I need to talk, but this is taking such a huge toll on me, that I can't even put words together. I love my daughter, but she is here far too soon. I now have to put my wants and needs aside to take care of her. Damn...

by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tm88rn
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry you feel this way. Honestly though, you made the choice to have her. Try finding a support group in your area to help you out, or talk to a counselor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandadbaker
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry you feel that way too. I'm 18 too and it does seem like a smack in the face and my daughter hasn't even gotten here yet. Just try to embrace it because pregnancy is a blessing and so are kids. Some people can't have kids so remember you are a very lucky woman! If you ever need anybody to talk to, message me!

AriannasMom0409
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Thank you, I know I'm not alone, but it is such a major change in my life. And I wish you luck through your pregnancy =)

McKennasMommy11
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:02 PM

A year later, I'm still in shock that I'm a mommy. I never wanted to have kids, but look where I am now. Haha.

My situation is not ideal either, and I definitely know how you're feeling

mandadbaker
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Your welcome, just keep your head up, thats all you can do! & thank you, i'll be having her pretty soon (:

AriannasMom0409
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:04 PM

I'm glad I am not alone, but it is a lot to take in at once!

B-FigNewton
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Quoting tm88rn:

I'm sorry you feel this way. Honestly though, you made the choice to have her. Try finding a support group in your area to help you out, or talk to a counselor.

I agree. Good luck!

sofiasmom17
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Trust me, your daughter is much more fun and exiting than any night club, you will love her more than any party and you would rather be with her than anywhere else in the world. you can still got to college, your life is NOT over! Everything has its time. 

remaining_me
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Sorry to hear how you feel mama. I never had those regrets at the time (had my oldest at 19), but going on 25, I feel like I missed something from time to time. You don't sound like someone who feels like life is OVER due to your child, but someone who realizes that life is taking a turn in a totally different direction then expected. Be strong while dealing with your family and others who bring their negativity your way. It gets easier. They usually either come around or fade away.

.Angelica.
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:26 AM

I know it's not the plan you had in mind but things don't always go as planned. doesn't mean you can't make the best of this situation. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN