Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

no bashing, I am very grateful.

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:33 PM
  • 6 Replies

so...long story short..when I met the father of my baby/boyfriend...we were set up by a mutual friend. I had just gotten over a baaadddd relationship & wasnt even interested in dating but my best guy friend insisted I atleast talk to now father of my child. (hard to keep short, stay with me here I wanted to start from the beginning). we pretty much fell in a mutual, you are mine, right away..and have been through a heck of a lot since then (about a year and a half). He is a little shy of 3 years older than me and honestly the type of guy you would never let go if you had your hands on him. He has his flaws and we have our issues, but generally speaking, he's a keeper. We found out I was pregnant in January. (was already a month). Was not planned, but kind of poorly avoided on our plan. I was off birth control for less than a month & got pregnant then. I even was put back on it and took plan b (planned parenthood prescribed due to that is where I got my pills at the time) ALL WHILE PREGNANT. made me wonder about them but whatever I feel it was withing those couple days I got pregnant. Call us stupid whatever, but Im now 23 weeks pregnant with our babygirl and we are stressed because we don't live together yet.

I live with my enormous dysfunctional family and it alone stresses me out. I am 20 and moved back in here in october after being on my own for a year. We had different plans of moving in together and now things are on rush due to said babygirl...I am not working, I look everyday to find something to help with income, one interview, the guy actually told me to leave when he saw my belly..I'm having a great healthy pregnancy and capeable of working..with all said I am SUPER stressed/trying to take it easy dr.s orders.

TO MY POINT (if people are still reading....)

I want to help my boyfriend out in any/all ways I can right now, Ive always been independent and made my own money and paid my own bills and never relied on my guy for anything. I asked him how I could help and his response was along the lines of "what do you think you can be doing that you arent trying to"....so ladies..help me here...what am I not realizing about this situation...thanks :)!

by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
boysrablessing
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:40 PM
It appears from what im gathering that he wants to take care of his fam. What do u think us SAHMs do? Taking care of ur DD will be a job all in itself!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a5hl3yC
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:11 AM

If he is willing to take care of both you and your child for a little bit while you recover from having her that sounds awesome. Until you find a place why not look for things to do at home? There are more ways to make money at home than a person would think. Or you could offer to do babysitting jobs since you said you are having a really healthy pregnancy. Talk it out with him see what his 5 year plan looks like. He sounds overall like a great dad to be willing to help out.

sofiasmom17
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:58 AM

what state do you live in? As far as I know, IT IS ILLEGAL for a potential employer to ask you anything or even acknowledge you are pregnant! The government treats a pregnancy as a disability, so its considered discrimination if they refuse to interview you because you are pregnant. Look into that!

remaining_me
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:41 AM
1 mom liked this

If he can handle doing it alone for a while, why dont you just wait until the little one gets here to start searching for a job again? If he's willing and able that's what I'd do.

.Angelica.
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:23 AM

i agree

Quoting a5hl3yC:

If he is willing to take care of both you and your child for a little bit while you recover from having her that sounds awesome. Until you find a place why not look for things to do at home? There are more ways to make money at home than a person would think. Or you could offer to do babysitting jobs since you said you are having a really healthy pregnancy. Talk it out with him see what his 5 year plan looks like. He sounds overall like a great dad to be willing to help out.

hkelly7
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I absolutely looked it up (I live in NJ) and if the employer has less than 15 employees, its like the rule doesnt even apply to them. I guess I'm feeling useless...I know I am making a beautiful baby & things will get better I just wish there was more I could do :/ 

Quoting sofiasmom17:

what state do you live in? As far as I know, IT IS ILLEGAL for a potential employer to ask you anything or even acknowledge you are pregnant! The government treats a pregnancy as a disability, so its considered discrimination if they refuse to interview you because you are pregnant. Look into that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)