Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

I can't stand the stereotypes

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:13 AM
  • 28 Replies
3 moms liked this

That show 16 & pregnant, Teen mom, teen mom 2, And the couple episodes of Dr. Drew  with Maci, Katilyn, Kalya. I used to watch it, becuase It was something to watch. But now It fucking pisses me off!!! They make Teen moms look really bad. No wonder we have a bad wrap. I'm a teen Mom and my life is not that bad. I swear the show is scriped and fake. They bitch and complain about how hard it is and how they thought it was going to be easy. Well it is easy!!! You have to have the determination and the will prower to do the job.  Call me crazy, but i found parenting very easy. We here a lil back story.

At the time i got pregnant I was dating a friend from high school. we had be dating for a year and it was the three time we had sex. He went and bought a new box of condoms and i was on the pill at the time ( i was also taking medication for anxeity, and my doctor told me it would not mess with my birth control.... you have seen the depicot law suit commercals yeah i'm really glad it was the last time i took it..) so we had sex and after found a pin hole in the box while i was hiding it. and didn't think much of it at the time because i was on the pill. we went on with our lives. 16 weeks went by with out an signs When i started having morning sickness. I thought i had a stomach flu because it was for 3 days all day long. i was still have a period so i really didn't think much of it. My mom figured it out before i did. Well my whole family did!!! 

So my mom made appointment at Planned Parenthood for the next day and they gave me a pregnancy test. i was pregnant! then they Pull there famous trick. they pulled me into the back and want me to undress. the lady was tell me that i would fail, never graduate high school, never go to collage, and work a mcdizz all my life. they were trying to scare me. they had my mom it the waiting room and they were trying so hard to get her to sign a release paper for me to get a abortion. well my mom is a nurse and never sign a medical paper without reading it. when she read the frist few lines she looked at the lady and told her to F off. back were i was they we still trying there scare tacktic.....lol. it was rather funny, because i don't get scared!!! i was kinda happy yet i was shocked, but not scared. when she told me to sit and that the was going to take care of the "problem" right now. I told her " to get the fuck away from me you murder. you are crazy if you thought i was going to get a abortion. you must be really fucked in the head to think that i would fall for everything that you said!" then i got dress and stormed out of the room. when my mom and got out side she asked me what happened. i told her and she laughed and said the tried getting her to sign the paper work for it...... but she was right she knew her daughter way to well. after that i had a normal pregnancy. I went through all of my sophmore year like a normal kid. I had a problem with 2 teachers. I got on fired at the begining of the year because he gave me a dention for running out of the class room because i had to vomit and pee at the same time. it was my first period of the day and it was the 3rd time that day that is had to go. ( it was a bad day for me. I ate somthing that morning that didn't setal right with me) and i used all my bathroom passes in that day. By this time everyone new i was pregnant and new that i was sick as a dog that day. I ask to go to the bathroom. He said no. so yelled if you don't let me i will piss and vomit right here in this class room. he still said no. so the kids in the back of the class with me started to pass a trash can over to me and he yelled at them for it. at that point i just got up grabed the trash can and ran to the bathroom. when i got back the was a pink slip on my desk and one on every single person who helped me. i told them after class that i was sorry but they told me it was fine and the would do it again so i had them walk with me to my cousilor and our VP and Principle and they were my witnesses and we got him fired for segrateing me out and put me in danger. Another teacher i had a problem with was my swim team coach. for our final we had to run 5 miles in 2 hours and swim 10 miles. well the whole year everytime i got in that pool i would vomit. he make me down every day for not doing what i was told. i would dress out. but by time my final came around my one piece swim suit didn't fit. so i had to wear a 2 peice and he marked me down. I did my final, but he failed me i did the five miles in 3 hours ever time i would go by him i would run and i would walk when i far away from him. i fell down 5 time and even the student that were teacher favorite would argue with him about him make me do this final 7 months pregnant. when it came to swimming i did one lap in the pool and puked. so i really failed. But i told him. 

June 30 i had my daughter! that was greatest day of my life. I went home 3 days later and i was very happy to be home and in my bed. The first night home she sleeped all night and woke up at 7 with me. I was strictly breastfeeding. she was a very easy baby she sleeped alot, ate alot, and pooped, never cryed or fussed. and was on a schedule in a couple days. that first year was fun. i went back to school and started my 3 year of honor classes. but i was starting to miss her and my milk was slowing down so i switch to home schooling through my school still doing honors but i was able to get my milk back up. i did that for my junior and senior year. When it was time to graduate i was suppose to have a white gown and gold tasel, but the school told me that it would make them look bad to have a teen mom walk with the honor students. so i went to the district and they said the same thing. i was so upset. I worked for 4 year to get that honor. i would have been the first in my family and now i was loss that. but i walk with the rest of my class and got my diploma. 

My daughters father was there even though we had broke up he was still my best friend and my hubby were getting married later that day at the court house. and we have been married for 1 year and 11 months. my daughter is 3 now. and to be honest i don't regret her. I don't regret have sex at 15, and i wound not change a thing. I'm very happy with how my life is. my daughter is the the reason i get up in the morning, the reason i graduated, the reason i'm going to college, the reason i' stay home, and reason i'm happy with how my life is now. she has brought my whole family out of the dark and even thought we don't have a lot of money she make everything better. she has made us better people. 

So that my story!!! So why do these girl on mtv Bitch all the time. it not as hard as they make it seem. I can't stand them. yes my family supported me, Yes her father is still in her life, yes we are not together and a couple, but we are still friends, my husband helps me. I own a car, i live on my own with my husband. 

these girls are just showing off for the carmra and it wrong!!! another thing that really irks me is how so many people are trying to stop teen pregnany. It won't stop. since the dawn of time girl had sex when they started their period!!! it is what the human body is for!!! women are made to pop out babies when they first strat their period. so why is it so wrong??? Why do we have to wait till we are married, and have a career. I had my daughter before i was married and before i had a career and we are doing great. 

okay really sorry that it was long but i feel really better now!!! 

by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jservellon10
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:37 AM
I loved this;) I agree! Got preggo at 14. I admit only my bf(babydaddy) helps me and my family doesn't so we do struggle at times but I manage! My daughter is the best thing that could've happened to me and I will never regret her!!!! Teen mommies rule;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pj2becca21
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:50 AM

My family did help. But i told them to let me fail frist and then help. I haven't failed yet 

Quoting jservellon10:

I loved this;) I agree! Got preggo at 14. I admit only my bf(babydaddy) helps me and my family doesn't so we do struggle at times but I manage! My daughter is the best thing that could've happened to me and I will never regret her!!!! Teen mommies rule;)

.Angelica.
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:11 AM

kids  are stressful and people handle situations differently. I'm not saying the show isn't faked but parenting isn't easy for everyone.

harttoheart
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:17 AM

I kinda agree. I've been in bad situations like they have (I have been kicked out of the house, baby daddy didn't want the baby and is in jail) but I feel like I have handled situations a lot better than most of them. I understand somethings can be hard, because they are and I agree, but some of the things they complain about are really easy fixes.

AmesGirl
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:34 AM
3 moms liked this
I get your point, but it was hard to read with all the spelling mistakes.
I understand the discrimination and how you think its wrong, and while teen bodies can get pregnabt, that doesn't mean you should be screaming its ok for teens to get pregnant. The brain is still developing into the mid twenties, so while your body is capable, your mind can't see around corners like an adult's can. I'm glad you're happy, and you have a support system, but feeding a child is a lot harder if you don't have a car or a job or a home?
Your living conditions and support system are not the norm. Just like you were exiled at school, a lot of teen moms are kicked out of parents homes, with nothing. I'm not saying its right. There are a lot of things messed up in this world.
And also, not "every woman's body is made to pop out babies when they start their period." Lots of women have fertility problems.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tm88rn
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:49 AM
4 moms liked this

I couldn't really understand what you were trying to say with all the spelling and grammatical errors. The one thing I did pick up on is that you seem to think teen pregnancy is ok. Yes, teens have been getting pregnant since the dawn of time. That does not make it right in today's society. Just as women were once viewed as property, times and society changes. In today's world, being a teen parent isn't desirable. Yes it happens. But so does murder, do we just stop trying to keep it from happening? Your logic is very flawed. I'm hope your life really is as good as you claim, but if it is, you are still a rarity. You can tell your daughter and other teen girls that it is ok to get pregnant young, but I will make sure that my daughter knows being a teen mom is not something anyone should want to be. I want more for my daughter than making it work, or making it work with a lot of help. I had children young, I was 22 when I had my twins and 23 when I have TJ, and that was perfect. I went to college and could focus on just my school, on just myself, on figuring out who I was and what I really wanted. I had a chance to grow as a person, without caring for and helping another person grow. My husband and I had a chance to develop and build a relationship as just us, a man and a woman, not try to figure out who we were while raising children. We traveled, built our careers (I did anyway, my husband is still working). We got to travel, to see the world, to do what we wanted when we wanted. We built a life that was stable and ready for children in every way. Sure, some teen moms make it work and are amazing parents, I know that. But sadly, most truly do not. Getting pregnant as a teen by accident is one. Wanting to be a teen mom, or thinking it's perfectly fine and normal, is another thing entirely.

Taryn

Wife to Brandon 7-2-2007

Mother to Payton Brandon and Benson Michael 5-8-2011, and  Trinity Juliana Hope  5-1-2012

pj2becca21
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I have explain to you mutiple times that i have a learning disorder that effect my spelling and grammar TM. I didn't want to travel. and I did everything on my to do list which was graduate high school with honors. and i don't think it okay. it may come off that way. i just get so tired of the complain about how hard it is. it stupid to complain you should just get up and deal with it and LEARN 

Mine was a acident. i didn't want to get pregnant at 16 but i did. 

Quoting tm88rn:

I couldn't really understand what you were trying to say with all the spelling and grammatical errors. The one thing I did pick up on is that you seem to think teen pregnancy is ok. Yes, teens have been getting pregnant since the dawn of time. That does not make it right in today's society. Just as women were once viewed as property, times and society changes. In today's world, being a teen parent isn't desirable. Yes it happens. But so does murder, do we just stop trying to keep it from happening? Your logic is very flawed. I'm hope your life really is as good as you claim, but if it is, you are still a rarity. You can tell your daughter and other teen girls that it is ok to get pregnant young, but I will make sure that my daughter knows being a teen mom is not something anyone should want to be. I want more for my daughter than making it work, or making it work with a lot of help. I had children young, I was 22 when I had my twins and 23 when I have TJ, and that was perfect. I went to college and could focus on just my school, on just myself, on figuring out who I was and what I really wanted. I had a chance to grow as a person, without caring for and helping another person grow. My husband and I had a chance to develop and build a relationship as just us, a man and a woman, not try to figure out who we were while raising children. We traveled, built our careers (I did anyway, my husband is still working). We got to travel, to see the world, to do what we wanted when we wanted. We built a life that was stable and ready for children in every way. Sure, some teen moms make it work and are amazing parents, I know that. But sadly, most truly do not. Getting pregnant as a teen by accident is one. Wanting to be a teen mom, or thinking it's perfectly fine and normal, is another thing entirely.

tm88rn
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Cafemom has a spell check. It is hard for teen moms. Just because they complain doesn't mean they aren't making it work. I find that very judgmental. I honestly don't know a single mom who doesn't ever complain about being a mother, being a mother is hard. It doesn't mean we don't love our children or aren't making it work. It means we are human. I'm so glad that you are above that. If you only had that one thing on your to do list, I'm happy that you managed to still do it. I don't know anyone who doesn't have more dreams or goals than that.

Quoting pj2becca21:

I have explain to you mutiple times that i have a learning disorder that effect my spelling and grammar TM. I didn't want to travel. and I did everything on my to do list which was graduate high school with honors. and i don't think it okay. it may come off that way. i just get so tired of the complain about how hard it is. it stupid to complain you should just get up and deal with it and LEARN 

Quoting tm88rn:

pj2becca21
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:34 PM

I was a single mom for a year till i got married. and no it was not hard then!!!! You just have to have a strong determintion to do it....... 95% determintion 5% power of will. 

my goal was to be the FRIST in my family to graduate with honors. i did that and now my brother and 8 cousins are gradauting with honors. which brings me to another point. I have been help raising kids since i was 3 year old i'm the old in my family. the only thing i had to was how to breastfeed.

Quoting tm88rn:

Cafemom has a spell check. It is hard for teen moms. Just because they complain doesn't mean they aren't making it work. I find that very judgmental. I honestly don't know a single mom who doesn't ever complain about being a mother, being a mother is hard. It doesn't mean we don't love our children or aren't making it work. It means we are human. I'm so glad that you are above that. If you only had that one thing on your to do list, I'm happy that you managed to still do it. I don't know anyone who doesn't have more dreams or goals than that.

Quoting pj2becca21:

Quoting tm88rn:

tm88rn
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:53 PM

As I said, I'm glad that it was so easy for you. One thing you obviously still need to learn is that not everyone is like you. If you graduated with honors, with a learning disability, while being a single mother, I'm glad that you were so wonderful and managed to do that. You are the exception, not the rule. Having determination and will power doesn't give you money you don't have, a car you don't have, a degree you don't have, doesn't make your child stop crying for a few minutes, doesn't make it easier than it is. It allows you to do it, it doesn't change how difficult it is. And being a mother is hard in and of itself. I'm glad you were the first to graduate with honors. I was the first to graduate high school at all, let alone go to college or make a living that wasn't illegal in nature. There is a huge difference between helping to raise children and raising your own children. Again, I'm glad you were above such human things and struggling or having a hard time being a teen mother. The fact is, most teen mothers do struggle and have a hard time. 

Quoting pj2becca21:

I was a single mom for a year till i got married. and no it was not hard then!!!! You just have to have a strong determintion to do it....... 95% determintion 5% power of will. 

my goal was to be the FRIST in my family to graduate with honors. i did that and now my brother and 8 cousins are gradauting with honors. which brings me to another point. I have been help raising kids since i was 3 year old i'm the old in my family. the only thing i had to was how to breastfeed.

Quoting tm88rn:

Quoting pj2becca21:

Quoting tm88rn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN