Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

my 2 month baby needs surgery on his skull..

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:14 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
My almost 2 month son had to go to see neurology doctor I thought everything was going to be fine.. boy was I wrong.. she told me he had.. Sagiltal synostosis.. that means his soft spots closed up to soon.. so They r going to have to cut the bone on the top of his head out.. so that his head can grow normally.. if he doesn't get it done his head will grow front to back not side to side.. I am a single mom so all this is freaking me out.. he will have to be in the hospital and wear a helmet to protect his head for 4-5 months.. please some support ladies.. I am so scared
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sadiebug1228
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:01 PM
2 moms liked this

one of my friends son had to have the same surgery, its easier than u think, i help her with him cause i was still pregnant with my first at the time. he had to wear the helmet thing but he acted like a normal baby (he was 4 months when he had the surgery) just take it one day at a time and everything will be fine.

hes now about to be 5 next month and hes perfectly healthy and he looks like a normal kid, the doctor told us if he never had the surgery he wouldnt have made it to a year, his head wouldnt have enough room to grow and it wouldve put too much presure on the brain and wouldve caused bleeding

the surgery is a good thing, just take a deep breath and everything will be fine good luck

TheMommaJessie
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I knew someone who's boy was about 2 and he had to have that done. He went through it just fine and recovered very well. i will pray for your son.

Lilmzmegz
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Best wishes to you and your son, (I'd say i'd pray but i'm in no way religious) You and your lil boy will be in my thoughts.

mommywife2b
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:18 PM

hugs im sorry

MorganShanks
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Thank U so Much.. And i understand lol I am The same way../

Quoting Lilmzmegz:

Best wishes to you and your son, (I'd say i'd pray but i'm in no way religious) You and your lil boy will be in my thoughts.

<3 Mason Lee Shanks.. 1st Son <3
mnmo3bb
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:57 PM

*HUGS* & Prayers!!! I am sorry!

Jjc7193
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:01 PM
Prayers/good thoughts sent
Bgbluford785
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:24 AM
How sad, we are here for you! Try and be strong for your lil one! Hugs!
karla85
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:53 AM

My son had the same surgery for different reasons when he was 3 months old. It is hard to see him a couple of hours after the surgery but it wasn't as bad as I imagined. He had to receive morphine every 4 hours for a couple of days and by 3.5 hours he was already moaning in pain. There was wires and tubes everywhere but they took good care of him. He had some complications due to developing flu (that he had caught right before going into surgery) but other than that there was no problems.

.Angelica.
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:57 AM

that's scary. hope the surgery and recovery goes well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)