Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

I almost had a meltdown

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:59 PM
  • 6 Replies

I feel this way a lot, I have alwayed felt like the most hated girl in school. Idk why most girls didn't like me, or wanted to fight me. I am one of those females who rarely doesn't hold my tongue. If I feel I need to say something I usually do. Not many of my friends stuck around after I had my DD but the ones I did I cherished. Today I got into a small arugement with one of my friends because she was offended that I called her conceited. When I sent her a text message saying "How I loved the effort she's been putting in to reach out to me" She went on to say something sarcastic about her being conceited. I am by no means sorry for what I said but if it upsetted her that bad then *peace* we weren't friends from the beginning. Then as to add some more aggravation to my day my closet friend got upset because she bailed on me after we agreed that she'd watch my DD. I really don't care that my friend is upset that I called her conceited. If you want me to be your friend you should be open to constuctive critizism. Now my closet friend is what bothered me the most. I envy the people that have enough self control to ignore someone else when they're being disrespectful and rude. Me I am one of those people who want to have the last word. I apologized to her for saying she was acting like a bitch, but at the same time I am not too sorry for my actions or things I said.... I'm more hurt for some reason... Anyway this was my vent for the day.. Just wanted to put this out there and see how many other ladies deal with this bullshit from friends...

IT SUCKS NOT HAVING A SOCIAL LIFE OUTSIDE OF BEING A YOUNG MOM AND TRYING TO GO TO SCHOOL AND FIND A JOB... ALSO MAINTAINING AN APARTMENT ;-/

by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tonesofhome
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

ok i understand what you are saying, but you cant just say whatever you want, and expect people not to get pissed. and always wanting to have the last word, isn't going to make your friendships any better, and won't make you any new friends either.  you are the one bringing on the bullshit. 

was your comment to her about her efforts on reaching out to you said sacastically? if so, then you started it, that wasn't really necessary, was it?

DixieL
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:07 PM

This is easy. It's not that you don't have friends I guess you just don't want them. You don't hurt people by calling them names and saying things to hurt their feelings. I'm one that holds my tongue. I have never said a hurtful thing because I hate to hurt anyones feelings. Even my sister who is two-faced and a liar, I just like her go.Who cares what she thinks. It's hard to believe you don't know why you don't have a life.You are not dealing with crap from your friends you are giving it.

tm88rn
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this
There is a difference between not holding your tongue and being rude. You are rude. You can't say everything you think, get in the last word, and then expect people to like you. As for having a social life, you made the choice to have a child as a teenager, did you think raising a child and going to school would let you have a hopping social life? Try growing up and developing some maturity and tact. Then try the whole friend thing again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmyLove101
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Lol why did I bother with this post..... Clearly this was a vent. & yes I knew exactly what I was getting into. I can be rude & I do not bite my tongue BUT I do know the right time to express something i'm feeling. Ehhh anyways NEXT. I can do without the bashing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tm88rn
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:41 PM
I didn't hold my tongue, I said what I thought when someone was being rude. Exactly what you said you do. It isn't fun on the receiving end, is it? I apologize for being rude, I'm usually not quite so blunt and rude, but I was proving a point.

Quoting AmyLove101:

Lol why did I bother with this post..... Clearly this was a vent. & yes I knew exactly what I was getting into. I can be rude & I do not bite my tongue BUT I do know the right time to express something i'm feeling. Ehhh anyways NEXT. I can do without the bashing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vipergirl22
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting tm88rn:

There is a difference between not holding your tongue and being rude. You are rude. You can't say everything you think, get in the last word, and then expect people to like you. As for having a social life, you made the choice to have a child as a teenager, did you think raising a child and going to school would let you have a hopping social life? Try growing up and developing some maturity and tact. Then try the whole friend thing again.

This exactly^. I think if you tried being nicer to people and act like you give a crap about how you treat people then things might be a little different.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)