Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Have you experienced this before?

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:42 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have this friend who's had her baby at age 16. But ever since i told her i was pregnant (Now we're 19) she keeps putting me down about ever getting my body back in shape. As if she's trying to destroy any hope for me to get back in shape and get my body back. I get that my stretch marks will probe never go away, but i CAN workout and get skinny and toned again and eat in a HEALTHY way. I don't get it and it's hurtful. :/

by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sandra_t00
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:47 PM
did she get her body back after her baby?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1.hot.mama2005
by Esther on May. 3, 2012 at 11:50 PM
I've never had that before. But I can understand that it can be hurtful. I say talk to her about it. Let her know that what she says is hurtful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof_2boyz
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Some people are just like that hun! i have a friend that constantly talks about the fact that im pregnant with my 4th and how i should have gotten an abortion! and blah blah blah! she has one kid already but has had 3 abortions! so i always point out the fact that she would have as many kids as i do!

Is your friend still big from having her baby? maybe thats why.... she may be jealous that your skinny now.... idk but i know when people try to put you down about petty things, its their own issues coming to light! some people just dont like to see anyone happy! IVE ALWAYS LOST THE WEIGHT FROM HAVING KIDS! and I didnt diet or work out! Im expecting this time around to be different though.... I dont figure i can keep getting lucky! Im fully expecting to have to hit the gym after this one is born. Stretch marks fade with time. so please try not to let her get you down!! YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU SET YOUR MIND TO!!!

Congratulations and good luck on the new addition!

Amom2Ransom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Sounds like she is Jealous for some reason or its just in her nature either way don't take it to heart and keep at it!!

wiggita
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you told her that it bothers you when she says that. let her know that if she continues to treat you like that it is severely damaging your friendship with her. I will say one more thing other than strech marks that could stick around is that some peoples hips don't go fully back the way that they once were so you may have to wear pants a size larger. it still doesn't mean you can't be in shape. you may not be in the exact shape you were before but just remember that everything has changed in your life and you should be proud of these changes because you have a beautiful little girl out of the deal! But she's wrong that you can't ever get back in shape. There are people who have had children that are in better shape now than they were before they had a child and they just worked hard enough to get it!

BeachMama05
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:55 AM

You may not go back to the way you were before but it doesnt mean your damaged goods! She sounds either jealous or a know it all! 

I went back to the way I was after I had my son- he didnt even give me stetch marks BUT after I had my daughter I am 20 lbs heavier and she stretched me good LOL BUT I am ME and I wouldnt want to change that! 

Klynn2012
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Thanks ladies :) And the thing is, she got her pre pregnancy body back but it was because she starved herself.. Not sure if that's part of the issue or not. But thank you for all your kind words! :))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)