Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

How do you make a living? =/

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:52 PM
  • 29 Replies

I'm a single stay at home mom to 2 boys, one not due untill August and I don't get any help from either of the "dad's". Finding a job has been a real pain for me, I've been trying so hard but no luck yet so I thought I'd come here and ask what some of you single mommies do for a living to make it on your own?

I've thought about joining the Slumber Parties business because I have a friend who's in it & she makes quite a bit but I need $250 to start so I thought of making crafts such as baby blankets, photo albums, decorated wipee cases etc, just to get my foot in the door on some income. Have any of you tried that? Any advice for this struggling momma? =/

by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyJill87
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 6:56 PM

When I was single I had a job and got help with daycare.  I'm only able to stay home now because my husband works.

Mamasomedaysoon
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:27 PM
My df works and I stay home.
To help out when its needed I do stuff online with surveys, free points website,etc.

Before I was pregnant I did yards with my dad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tm88rn
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:30 PM
My husband works and I am a sahm. I worked for four years before I stopped to have kids. I'm an rn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nessa20mommy2
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Do whatever it takes..

it seems like you have great ideas...just go with uhm..

and keep applying places... be annoying and keep calling or going in until you get an interview!

LilDzMamma2010
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:40 PM
I work for Starbucks. they are the best its not like the typical fast food place. good luck hunny
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicole.Brown
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:43 PM
I know people may be against this or whatever but idc , you should apply to welfare until you find a job . Some people REALLY need it & if your worried about how your going to feed yourself and take care of everything welfare can help but you still need to bust your butt and look for a job even if your on welfare for 2 months .. My opinion .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstn007
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:45 PM
I used to make a killing as a bartender or waitress. also try indeed.com and just search in your city it has a lot of job listings. another great idea is get in school or you WILL struggle your whole life especially with two kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahLizyB
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 7:48 PM

I was lucky enough to get hired at the front desk of a dental office. I initially did not make a ton, but I've worked my way up to make a decent amount

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 7:57 PM

I'm currently a sahm, my husband makes enough to support us without me working.

1.hot.mama2005
by Esther on May. 4, 2012 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a SAHM. Here's a bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)