Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

shocking newborn/baby traits

Posted by   + Show Post

My children are black, asian and hispanic. me and dad have very dark hair and eyes and so does our oldest. when my youngest was born she also had a head full of really dark hair, but she had the blondest eyelashes ever, lol. it was so crazy looking. they didnt last long. i'm pretty sure it wasnt even a week before they were gone. did anyone get a shock like that when baby came?

by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Replies (11-20):
remaining_me
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:51 AM

ah, so he has the family thing going on. it skipped your sis and went to him, lol.

Quoting MommyLehr:

He is so cute! I love him!! But it's so strange. His will probably change my sister (his mom) was thine only kid out of my parents 5 kids born with dark hair. The rest of us were born blonde and over the years it just got dark

remaining_me
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:52 AM

lol, wow. where was her streak?

Quoting Loveofmylife07:

My daughter was born with a head full of dark brown hair with one blonde streak lol

Loveofmylife07
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:55 AM
It on the right side towarda the top of her hair. She is 2 montha and still has it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
remaining_me
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:59 AM

how cute. i can only imagine the silly questions you'll get as she gets older, if you havent gotten any already. "did you try to dye your 5mo's hair!?!?" lol.

Quoting Loveofmylife07:

It on the right side towarda the top of her hair. She is 2 montha and still has it

bigmama423
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:01 AM

I'm white and my husband is black. All of our kids were born light, which I didn't really expect. They are all darker than me now!! :)

bigmama423
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:02 AM

Quoting remaining_me:

my younger cousin has the same thing going on, but she was born with her colors.

Quoting amyrw:

No my shock came about a year after my son was born. He was born with blue eyes. Then right around a year old his right eye turned brown and the left stayed blue. He has heterochromia.

That is awesome!!

.Angelica.
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:18 PM

wasn't really too shocking but dd had/has red hair. i was expecting the dark brown hair ds had.

remaining_me
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:25 PM

my kids are mixed too and i expected them to look a certain way at birt,h but i didnt expect them to keep the texture of hair they both kept.. its totally different from mine.  i expected a mix. its even finer than their dads.

this is me and my oldest. not the best image of her hair but an obvious difference, lol.

Quoting bigmama423:

I'm white and my husband is black. All of our kids were born light, which I didn't really expect. They are all darker than me now!! :)

boysrablessing
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:29 PM
My dh and I both have dark brown hair and our youngest DS was born with a full head of fire red hair its more strawberry blonde now but it was crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
remaining_me
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:36 PM

i think redheads are just the cutest.

Quoting boysrablessing:

My dh and I both have dark brown hair and our youngest DS was born with a full head of fire red hair its more strawberry blonde now but it was crazy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)