Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

nutramigen a+

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:05 PM
  • 11 Replies

the doctor recently changed my sons formula from 'life brand iron fortified' to 'nutramigen a+' becasue we worried of a milk allergy. at first he was really fussy and cranky on it. and wasnt sleeping much. now its been a day on it and he seems a lot better. he is finally naping in the day! :) 

just wondering how other babies reacted to a change to nutramigen a+?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
remaining_me
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:07 PM

glad he's adjusting well to the new formula. my two LO's were breastfed, but here's a bump!

novachick
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 5:14 PM
My 1st son was born when I was 18. I bf him for 6 months. No one else I knew bf their babies and I really didn't even know anyone close who had had a baby in the last 5+ years. So I didn't know much about babies. I knew bfing was better but I didn't know how much better it really was. So I, selfishly, stopped bfing him at 6 months cuz I didn't feel like doing it anymore. Smh. He then started spitting up constantly and was very cranky. We had to go through so many formulas, the regular ones, the ones that are easier on the tummy, soy, etc...after over a month of my son suffering all because I didn't feel like bfing anymore we finally got him on nutramigen and he was so much better. That's what he stayed on till he was a year. I still feel guilty for my selfisheness and hate that I did that to him for no reason but I am so glad that the nutramigen helped him so much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dollysvlog
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I wish I was able to bf him. when he was born two months premature they wisked him away to the warming table to make sure he survived. we didnt get any skin to skin when he was first born. I didnt get to hold him until he was 2 days old. and he was covered in wires and such, becaused he spent the first 3 weeks of his life in the nicu. and I spent 3 days before he was born on hospital bed rest. and then 6 days after he was born still in the hospital for observation. when I asked about bf with my ds nurses they said he cant yet but you can pump and we can feed him that through the hose. but when I asked where do I do that they said in post partum you will have a pump in your room, asked them there. I never got sent to post partum. and when I kept asking where do I pump in the hospital they would tell me the same thing. ask in post partum.... finally on the 4th day after he was born they finally told me where the pumps were for the nicu... I had trouble with my milk even coming in. (only would produce 0-5ml every 3 hrs or so, and I would try to pump every 1.5 hrs) I so wish I was able to but maybe with my next child... im glad nutramigen a+ helped with your son

heather4511
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:03 PM
I'm never heard of that. But glad its working for you :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:25 AM

My niece is on that now and is much happier, too. It's much easier on their system. Glad they found something that worked for your son so quickly. :)

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

amandaxshawn08
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:26 AM
3 of 4 of our kids needed it.

Within 24-36 hours we noticed a difference. Its great stuff!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GraceHudson
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:16 PM
never heard of that

BeachMama05
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:24 PM

we have never tried that. my son was a formula fed baby and he drank goodstart soy and I BF my daughter. Glad its working for you. 

dollysvlog
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:12 PM

thanx :)

.Angelica.
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:59 PM

glad he's doing better. we don't use formula

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN