Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

my kids and my fiance have become my only friends!

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:15 AM
  • 16 Replies
Did anyone else kindof just throw your self into mother hood and forget that you weren't focusing on your self anymore and now you lost your friends and didnt make new ones ? I'm a stay at home mom of two young boys 3yrs and 5 months and pregnant with 3rd baby I'm only 21 I've been with my fiance for 6 1/2 years its hard finding other young responsible mothers like myself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kennadismom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:19 AM
I was 21 when DD was born...I'm now 25 and I have exactly 3 1/2 friends.....one is a mom, one is my cousin, the other is a friend I've had my whole life and we may not talk or see each other daily but I know shell always be there, and the 1/2 is a friend that I've had since I was 3 and was incredibly supportive the first 3 years after DD was born but now is realizing that my being a mom will forever change what o can and can't do vs other girls my age and I think she's having a hard time with it.
amandajq91
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:28 AM
My far away friend I've known since I was 10 you can tell the good friends when you can go months without talking then when you do you just pick up where you left off she loves me I think she just doesn't know what to talk to me about lol I talk about my oldest son not using the potty yet at 3 and she talks about boys and clubs lol I think that's the hardest part of being a young mom you loose your friends and its so hard to make new ones that u can relate to
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Yes, I very much lost myself when I got married and had kids. I finally made the decision to rediscover me and went to college online so I could get my degree, just for me. It ended up helping to make all our lives better, but it was something I started out doing just for me, and it helped me feel like me again, not just mom.

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

tm88rn
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:13 PM
No. I was 18 when I got married and 22 when I had my twins. My husband and I made sure we didn't lose ourselves when we got married, or ourselves when we became parents. We have friends and lives outside of our marriage and children. Most of my friends are older though, closer to my husbands age, because people my age have nothing in common with me. But I am more than a wife and mother, and I worked hard to figure out who I was, so I make sure I don't lose that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMama05
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:27 PM

yeah I have made new frends and lost new and old friends its happens. 

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 3:04 PM
I'm 22 with 3 boys. I barely leave my house and have actually developed social anxiety over the past 4 years(most severely in the past year and a half.) Its sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.kurtz
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah that happend to me.. it is hard to find mom friends. I moved to ga, i hate it here! I want to go to the beach! lol, I am engaged and have a 6 month old son named bryson and the only friends i have is my fiance and our son... its really boring stuck in a house all day when my fiance has to work all the time, long hours too =(

amandajq91
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Yeah I've gotten to the point where I get panic attacks when I leave my house I'm loosing it :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meredithrocks
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I know the feeling! All my friends decided it wasn't 'cool' to associate with a mom! That's okay, though, obviously they weren't true friends!

Check out the new Teen Moms group!

A group exclusively for teen mothers under 20, to talk and ask questions of other teens, about the joys and struggles of teen motherhood!

To visit, click here! : Teen Moms!

ReiReally
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Yea, i lost all my friends after i became a mother either because they didn't want to be around a preggo or lady with a kid or, they had kids themselves and i can't stand shitty and ignorant parenting. I did try to make friends but, decided they weren't worth it.
It's a lot less drama for me because i have no friends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN