Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

and I can't sleep :/

<3 and cupcakes! -Cassie
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Replies (11-17):
Lilmzmegz
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:58 PM

I have a fear of thunder(IDK its weird I know. I'm perfectly fine with lightning but thunder gets to me) And I sometimes get short of breath or my chest feels really tight right under my breasts before/during a storm I hate it.

cassiecupcakes
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Aw sweetie, that's a panic attack. I know them very well. I take lexapro to help me. You might wanna look into it or something else. unless you're preggers then you'll need to wait til after the baby. I'm here to talk if you need to! it usually helps to talk during a panic attack because it keeps you distracted.

Quoting Lilmzmegz:

I have a fear of thunder(IDK its weird I know. I'm perfectly fine with lightning but thunder gets to me) And I sometimes get short of breath or my chest feels really tight right under my breasts before/during a storm I hate it.

<3 and cupcakes! -Cassie
Lilmzmegz
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:12 AM

It isn't a panic attack..(I get them a lot.) it feels MUCH different than one its The shortness of breath is  usually to do with my asthma and its like a tightness not like i cant breath or move or anything but more like someone is taking a knife and inserting it in me and twisting it tightening the muscles..its odd cuz it doesnt hurt but it like makes my chest and stomach really tensed so it does at the same time.

cassiecupcakes
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:20 AM

It might be a mix of a panic attack and the stress of the fear. I know when I'm stressed it feels like I'm being stabbed in the chest sometimes...

Quoting Lilmzmegz:

It isn't a panic attack..(I get them a lot.) it feels MUCH different than one its The shortness of breath is  usually to do with my asthma and its like a tightness not like i cant breath or move or anything but more like someone is taking a knife and inserting it in me and twisting it tightening the muscles..its odd cuz it doesnt hurt but it like makes my chest and stomach really tensed so it does at the same time.

<3 and cupcakes! -Cassie
Lilmzmegz
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:25 AM

I rarely get panic attacks during storms. and when i do its when the power goes out for more than a few seconds and so i'm sitting in the dark just listening to the storm..

cassiecupcakes
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:27 AM

oh god thats the worst. I was really sick after I had my daughter and had like constant panic attacks and like it was when the power would go out cuz of the serges cuz it was so cold. Id flip out when the power went out for a long time at night..I'm glad my mom was there to take care of my daughter when I couldn't cuz I was so scared.

Quoting Lilmzmegz:

I rarely get panic attacks during storms. and when i do its when the power goes out for more than a few seconds and so i'm sitting in the dark just listening to the storm..

<3 and cupcakes! -Cassie
Lilmzmegz
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I sit there and cuddle my daughter to death pretty much when storms are going through..Idk it makes me not so scared.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)