Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Jealousy blows.

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:46 AM
  • 8 Replies

Ive been dating my boyfriend for 2 months. I know its not along time, but we are togethe almost everyday and we both have children. He has full custody of his 5 month old son and I have a 2 year old son. Before I met him, He was still getting over his ex even though they had been broken up for a year almost. they were together for idk 2 r 3 years. She got him in so much trouble when they were together and did so much shit to him. I was the first person that made him forget about her and made him happy, even though he has dated before me. But he has been talking to her alot lately and having her come over here. And I just do not like it. I dont wanna be the kind of person that tells him who he cn and cannot talk to but he knows that it really bothers me even thogh I let him do it. Like tonight. He said she asked if she could come ove and get a cig from him and he said yes. which is fine. But this turned into a 2 hou thing.... thats not okay with me. Idk what to do..

by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Lilmzmegz
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I would say talk with him and set some boundries. Not so much controlling, Just let him know that the fact she is his ex bothers you about her being over all the time and what not. I would say if you are comfortable with them being friends or even just talking as friends then go from there and let him know what you find acceptable and unaccpetable. My BD was controlling. He would not allow me to talk to ANY guys. Not even the guy i'm with now who I have known since I was 7 years old(Before we ended up together we were like brother and sister he is my brothers best friend) He would go through my phone and everything to see if i was talking to other guys. Yet in his mind he was allowed to talk to other girls. Just let him know about how much it bothers you. He may not understand to what degree it bothers you on. I know how you feel on the being jealous part. Where my bf lives there some girls that i feel are a million times prettier than me and it just makes me feel worse with some of them knowing he used to have a crush on them(He never dated any of them) and its like i feel like he sometimes is just settling for me but that isn't the case. Best wishes to you hope everything works out for the best!

Jademarae24
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 9:52 AM

The thing is is that I know that for the most part he isnt doing anything with her, but im jsut woried ahbout him getting those feelings back, because its safe to say that he was obsessed withn this girl for the longest time. I told him last night that I tried to be okay with it, and I just cannot change my feelings. It makes me really upset and I cant help but think of every possible bad thing that culd happen. I dont like being the kind of person to tell him he cant see anyone but i did say that if he continues to hang out with her and talk to her like he is, then our relationship WILL fall apart. So its up to him.

GraceHudson
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:53 AM
bump

pinklove22
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:56 AM
i hope everything works out for you hope he takes into consideration what you told him and backs off his ex good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather4511
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Hopefully you can work things out and He takes your feelings in to consideration. This story is kind of a sore spot for me cuz i just went through the same thing kinda and turns out he was dating her behind my back the whole time. I'm sorry if that doesn't help..but be careful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1.hot.mama2005
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Talk to him. Let him know how you feel. That's all you really can do. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Quoting 1.hot.mama2005:

Talk to him. Let him know how you feel. That's all you really can do. Good luck!

Lilmzmegz
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:30 AM

With my ex who was controlling he ended up being on dating sites while we were engaged trying to hook up with other girls. He lied to me about why the sites were sending emails to MY email address he signed up with. If he can't accept how you feel and be considerate of your request then your relationship wont work out. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN