Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

:( helppppp

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:33 PM
  • 21 Replies
Ive been breast feeding my baby but i have to go back to work but she wont take her bottle :( any advice on how to get her to take the bottle?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Meredithrocks
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Try, try, and try again! That's all that I really know to do. Maybe try squeezing some milk out of the bottle nipple while trying to put it in her mouth. Also try a nipple shield when nursing, it's more bottle nipple shaped and may ease her into the shape of it. Good luck!

Check out the new Teen Moms group!

A group exclusively for teen mothers under 20, to talk and ask questions of other teens, about the joys and struggles of teen motherhood!

To visit, click here! : Teen Moms!

1.hot.mama2005
by Esther on May. 7, 2012 at 7:53 PM
I agree with this! :) Good luck!

Quoting Meredithrocks:

Try, try, and try again! That's all that I really know to do. Maybe try squeezing some milk out of the bottle nipple while trying to put it in her mouth. Also try a nipple shield when nursing, it's more bottle nipple shaped and may ease her into the shape of it. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:20 PM

have someone else try to give her a bottle.

CartersMomma11
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:26 AM
Try to get someone else to bottle feed her. Bcuz when u feed her she expects to b breastfed. Good luck(=
meeranda
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:37 AM
You can try a tommie tippy they are supposed to mimic a nipple. My son has one it taught him to latch on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
remaining_me
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:40 AM

i agree with everyone else. just keep at it... she's human. she will give in when she's hungry and you're not offering the boob. good luck.

IG1123
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Thanks ladies.. Nd ive been trying but its so hard she turns her little head towarss my breast nd makes me feel bad :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMama05
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I agree with having someone else trying to feed her. and also try different bottles. We used the brown soft bottle nipples because the silicone clear kind was too hard for her to latch. 

1.hot.mama2005
by Esther on May. 8, 2012 at 10:35 AM
She smells your milk. I agree with the others, you should try having someone else give her the bottle. See how that works. Good luck! :)

Quoting IG1123:

Thanks ladies.. Nd ive been trying but its so hard she turns her little head towarss my breast nd makes me feel bad :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IG1123
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:44 AM
Ive tried the brown ones too, like you said the clear ones are a bit too hard but even the brown ones dont work... Ive tried the bigger nipples like the ones shaped like an actual nipple nd all she does is play with them with her tongue lol ive tried soooooo many different kind its ridiculous

Quoting BeachMama05:

I agree with having someone else trying to feed her. and also try different bottles. We used the brown soft bottle nipples because the silicone clear kind was too hard for her to latch. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)