Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

DH is freaking out about a party piog

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:10 AM
  • 23 Replies

Poll

Question: What should I do?

Options:

Cancel the party altogether

Turn it into a girls night and uninvite the guys

Say screw him and carry on as planned

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 18

View Results

Okay, so... I've been planning this party/bonfire thing for about a month now with mainly just my friends and their SO's. My BFF's DH is his BFF. The rest are 3 other girls and their SO's, and one guy friend and HIS GF.

Anyway, recently we found out that DS has a Cub Scout camping trip which is ALL weekend, including the Friday of the party. He was fine with it, up until yesterday. Then he threw a big fit, saying that I said it was going to originally be a girls night (which I NEVER said) and that I "lied" to him, etc.

I don't know what his deal is. I offered to turn it into girls night, or cancel altogether, but neither of those options are what he wants. What is his deal? He won't talk to me about it, but we're apparently now having a HUGE fight over it. He's never been like this, and he goes out ALL the time (and I don't).

by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littleinsect
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:16 AM

i'd either keep it going or turn it into a girls night- that would be fun! i'm sure either way you'll have a good time. 

Ms.Pteranodon
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Wait, so you DH is going to the cub scout deal?

GraceHudson
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:30 AM
bump

amber710
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:26 PM

I don't think it is your fault...but I think you should make it a girls night. That is what I would do. Simply because that gives him no reason to be uncomfortable or feel left out...or whatever his problem is.

phrenicfire89
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:30 PM
I would carry on as planned, my DH always ends up enjoying himself. After all the fits, fighting and avoiding, the fucker has a great time. So I keep a level head by remembering this lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charley427
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Man O Pause my dh pulls the same crap and no matter what solutions I come up with he still acts like a 5 year old.

1.hot.mama2005
by Esther on May. 8, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Was he going to go with you to the bonfire? Maybe you could postpone it til the next weekend?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JayBearsmomma
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:57 PM
I agree

Quoting amber710:

I don't think it is your fault...but I think you should make it a girls night. That is what I would do. Simply because that gives him no reason to be uncomfortable or feel left out...or whatever his problem is.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3jam
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Yep. One adult has to chaperone per child. Neither of us necessarily WANT to go... But if I can send my son with the parents of his best friend, maybe DH can come to the party, and DS can go to his campout, and I can have my party, and we can ALL be happy!

Now, that's IF the parent would want to take responsibility of DS for a weekend, and then IF the Cub Scout leader will allow this (which should be fine).

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

Wait, so you DH is going to the cub scout deal?

momof3jam
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:28 PM

We were originally both going to be home for the bonfire. I would rather just call it off than postpone it. It took a TON of planning and coordinating everyone's schedules to make this work, so it would be nearly impossible to do again. Although even if I continue with it, he's sucking all the fun out of it  :-(

Quoting 1.hot.mama2005:

Was he going to go with you to the bonfire? Maybe you could postpone it til the next weekend?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)