Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms
Well there's this program called job corp and they have one for families its a trade school. And they pay for everything school free and you live in a dorm but for the family one they give you a two bedroom.and there's child care so you and your husband can go to school and you get allowance twice a month. They provide breakfast lunch and dinner free.
So I'm asking should i leave my place and go. My husband hasn't had luck wit work so we don't have jobs. I need your help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:38 PM
Replies (21-29):
BeachMama05
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I say its a good opportunity! 

ms-superwoman
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:02 PM
What do you have to lose?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheenabby09
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:11 PM
My own place

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:14 PM
But y'all don't have jobs. Is there a program closer to home?

Quoting sheenabby09:

My own place

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheenabby09
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Not for families

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting sheenabby09:

My own place

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:19 PM
That sucks :/ just do.a lot of research. Talk to people who've been there. Good luck!

Quoting sheenabby09:

Not for families

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting sheenabby09:

My own place

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:52 PM

There's a whole list of jobs in each city, so you can pick and choose which job you want. If I remember correctly, you submit an online application and then you will get a phone interview.

Quoting sheenabby09:

How do i apply for it? Is it any job or what they give you?

Quoting C.H.E.L.S.E.A:

Americorps is more like a job with a set number of hours and you live wherever you want (like you can stay living where you're at now). I was going to do it last yr and basically I would have worked in my city doing interviews with families as a case worker. I'd just have regular hrs to work and then training, that's it. I would have stayed at the apartment I was already living at. I would have gotten money to go towards rent, food, etc and also money to pay off my college loans (or if you haven't been to college yet, it would go towards that if you decided to go). They also have some type of childcare available too. Their website will have better info if you're interested: http://www.americorps.gov/

Quoting sheenabby09:

Can families go together?

Quoting C.H.E.L.S.E.A:

Normally I'd say yes, but then again I've heard some negative things as well. A similar thing that is actually really good for your resume and gets you some money is Americorps. You get living expenses, money towards going to school, and job experience. Maybe consider that one for you and your husband as well. Research the job corps where you'd be going and see if you can talk to people that have gone there before. That should help you decide if that's the best choice for your family

JayBearsmomma
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
As long as u do ur research on the place i would go.... u live and u learn
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JCmoma08
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

we have job corp in my state kentucky and it is a good place like any free bsyou will have rifraft around but i work with a guy who went there n my friends boyfriend is still going there its a good opertunity i think research it before you go and with hubby in toe to walk you to classes and stuff only a real idiot would try n rape you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)