Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

what am i suppose to do now?! *piog EDIT!

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:35 AM
  • 8 Replies
I received my job offer letter, took the drug test, and received all my paperwork and info about orientation. And my offer letter states TARGET HIRE DATE: may 21, 2012.... Does this mean I should put in my two weeks notice at my current job? I know i will pass the drug test and background check. But I havent talked to the HR guy since my drug test monday. I feel so lost because I dont want to NOT put in my two weeks notice and then dont start the hospital job on the 21st, but then again I dont want to put in my two weeks notice if im not officially going to be starting on the 21st. LADIES HELP PLEASE LOL

EDIT: But the thing is. I had a call back tomorrow for a better paying job from the one i have now yesterday. And i will take that job if the hospital job falls thru. But idk whats going on with the hospital job! And i dnt wanna take the new job only to stop working once i start the hospital job and i dont want to NOT take the new job waiting on the hospital job and not get it only to be stuck at my current lower paying job. U get it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Innocencedreams
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:42 AM
I would call tomorrow, explain the situation, and ask for a set in stone date. Then go from there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
remaining_me
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:04 AM

this.

Quoting Innocencedreams:

I would call tomorrow, explain the situation, and ask for a set in stone date. Then go from there.


heather4511
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:36 AM
It wouldn't hurt to call HR to clarify, then you can give proper notice at your current job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:55 AM

i agree.

Quoting Innocencedreams:

I would call tomorrow, explain the situation, and ask for a set in stone date. Then go from there.


luvmykids08_10
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:32 PM
BUMP
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Call HR and find out what is going on.

veg4animals2006
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:57 PM

That is their target date to hire you, not necessarily the day they want you to start. I would wait and put your two weeks in when you know FOR SURE you have the job. Your new place of employment will understand that you want to give your current job two-weeks notice.

JayBearsmomma
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:29 PM
I would do this as well

Quoting remaining_me:

this.

Quoting Innocencedreams:

I would call tomorrow, explain the situation, and ask for a set in stone date. Then go from there.


Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)