Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pet moms vs real moms?? SPINOFF

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Kay
  • 16 Replies

The post reminded me of a story I'd seen on the news someetime ago. A family had a fire at their house and the owner forgot to mention her pet was inside. There were already firemen inside going through the house. IDK if she just didnt tell someone outside the info or if she just decided to go back in unannounced because she hadn't mentioned her pet, but she ran back in before she could be stopped. She died, her pet died, her children survived.

Would you risk your life for your pets knowing you have children?

by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Probably not. I hate to say it, but my children need a mom more than my pets need a person.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pittymama
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:29 AM
4 moms liked this

as important as my dogs are, i wouldn't forget to tell a firefighter that my dogs were inside. 

phrenicfire89
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:31 AM
What?! No! Yell out the damn animal is still in there! Tests not heroism, that's idiocy and lack of common sense.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather4511
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:32 AM
I would not run into a fire for pets. I'd do my best to make it known they were in there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Hell no, plus where ever the boys are yulld find Jamie. She's super crazy protective and always has to be with our oldest to make sure he's o.
Innocencedreams
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:44 AM

No, never. 

BeachMama05
by Jamie on May. 10, 2012 at 10:25 AM

no I wouldnt

Lilmzmegz
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Definately not. but if i was able to i would make sure everyone(pets included) were out before it got to be that bad. 

CatherineNewton
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I am sorry but you can always go to the SPCA and get another pet that needs a loving home. There is no world that my dogs are more important to me than my children. And I LOVE my doggies but I really believe when one dies there is now room for another dog that needs love. Aways rescue dog I have always gotten pure breds from the SPCA just by chance. So its not like you have to go to a puppy mill.

.Angelica.
by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:20 PM

as sad as it would be to lose your pet it wouldn't be worth your life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)