Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

cafe mom vent... WHY are some women like this?

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 12:48 PM
  • 16 Replies
3 moms liked this
So i recently joined not too long ago, and ive read a few posts where women look for comfort and they get a lot of rude comments.. I mean we come to this website looking to speak to people or looking for people to share with all of course with out judgement. And yet i see a lot of mom bashing. If someone posts something if you have nothing nice to say, no advice, no help what so ever or if youre just gonna make a rude remark why not keep it to yourself? For example I read a post about a woman who was venting over her bd not being around and having no help from anyone else and I read a comment where a woman sounded like she was gloating. I mean its great, WONDERFUL, spectacular that you have such a loving family nd hubby around and it is something to be VERY proud about but the woman who wrote the post doesnt instead of saying something like "i cant help u my hubby is amazing always has been and always will be so is my family, why not give your baby up if you cant handle being a mom" why not say something like "it'll be alright, you'll get through this". SUPPORT is what that woman was looking for, not someone to tell her how amazing her family is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 11, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GMom2011
by on May. 11, 2012 at 12:53 PM
4 moms liked this
Remember junior high, how some girls were catty bitches, who loved picking on others and causing drama? Well, they grew up, and spawned but never matured. And they all come to this site. Welcome!
IG1123
by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:01 PM
Oh my goodness yes. Its ridiculous lol great example
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Innocencedreams
by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Because some of us believe in calling it like it is, not in giving false support or hope. I at least always say what I mean, based on what the OP says. This is for support, yes, but telling someone who (from her post, obviously none of us know the full story) can't make it work, either with her man, her child/ren, her job, school, etc. why tell her sure you can? If all someone wants is to be praised and told it's going to be perfectly fine, sunshine and unicorns pooping rainbows, then say that is what you want. Don't ask for advice and expect a uniform, it's going to be ok answer. Sure, a few women take it to the extreme and are rude and catty, but most just call it like it is and answer based on their experience and the OP. In the example you are giving, why shouldn't someone say they have a great family? It's possible, the OP should be aware of that, and realize that her situation isn't working, and maybe do something to change it, and make her situation better. You can't come onto a site full of women from every race, religion, country, creed, and age, and expect to hear a uniform answer of "It's going to be ok". A, because that may not be true. How do you know if anyone is going to be ok? And B, because she asked for advice, and that is what she got. Doesn't mean she has to like it, or that anyone else does either, but advice is advice and she asked for it.

MrCruzito
by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:09 PM

That's easy. The Internet is this magical place where we can say whatever we think without any negative real life repercussions.  We can be that asshole that lives in our minds and it makes being perfect in real life much simpler. 

IG1123
by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Whats an OP?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vipergirl22
by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Quoting Innocencedreams:

Because some of us believe in calling it like it is, not in giving false support or hope. I at least always say what I mean, based on what the OP says. This is for support, yes, but telling someone who (from her post, obviously none of us know the full story) can't make it work, either with her man, her child/ren, her job, school, etc. why tell her sure you can? If all someone wants is to be praised and told it's going to be perfectly fine, sunshine and unicorns pooping rainbows, then say that is what you want. Don't ask for advice and expect a uniform, it's going to be ok answer. Sure, a few women take it to the extreme and are rude and catty, but most just call it like it is and answer based on their experience and the OP. In the example you are giving, why shouldn't someone say they have a great family? It's possible, the OP should be aware of that, and realize that her situation isn't working, and maybe do something to change it, and make her situation better. You can't come onto a site full of women from every race, religion, country, creed, and age, and expect to hear a uniform answer of "It's going to be ok". A, because that may not be true. How do you know if anyone is going to be ok? And B, because she asked for advice, and that is what she got. Doesn't mean she has to like it, or that anyone else does either, but advice is advice and she asked for it.

This ^

OP= Original Poster

Nicolee79
by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:24 PM
That's awful! I'm not like that I will always offer support as much as I can and I LOVE to give advice even if I don't know what to say. I always at least TRY to help :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-KC-
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:33 PM
For advice you join small groups that offer it. The groups with drama, arent too good with advice. Its just how CM is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2alexx
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:40 PM

OMG! you took the words out of my mouth. You will get a handful who are VERY supportive then you have a select group (the girl's who smoke in the locker room) who would rather see you fall flat on your face then give you a incouraging word Cause heven forbid if they were nice for 0.5 seconds they might actually have a soul.

IG1123
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:50 PM
I know i mean "telling it how it is" like someone said up there is okay i know life isnt always rainbows nd butterflies but why kick someone while theyre down? A few kind words does go a long way, who knows maybe if youre kind to someone it actually might help them out during a tough time .. Idk lol maybe its just me im nice always to everyone im always giving people support when they need it who ever it is for what ever, i just think its such a shame theres millions of people who love to put other people down even more so

Quoting Mom2alexx:

OMG! you took the words out of my mouth. You will get a handful who are VERY supportive then you have a select group (the girl's who smoke in the locker room) who would rather see you fall flat on your face then give you a incouraging word Cause heven forbid if they were nice for 0.5 seconds they might actually have a soul.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN