Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my senior prom is today...

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:37 PM
  • 13 Replies
Im rly depressed that i cant go :C but i guess at least i went last year...ugh im just gonna sit at home and cuddle with my baby girl. Im just really irritated (maybe resentful) that i gave up everything. Senior yr, prom, graduating. When her dad got to do all of that last yr and his new gf is a senior so hes going to prom this yr too. Idk its probably stupid to feel like this but w.e :/ just needed to vent and hopefully cheer up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmcwife.mommy2
by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Ur baby is way more worth than prom. Trust me :) when you graduate and time passes and you look back at high school you tend to forget about prom.lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NotAsPlanned
by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Cheer up momma! Prom really isn't all that great. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, a senior this year and prom is next Friday for us. I won't be going either cause my baby girl is due the day after! Luckily I went last year though. It bums me out a little but our baby girls are soo much more important then a dance! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Innocencedreams
by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I'm sorry you feel that way. Do something fun, just you and your baby girl. 

nylees-mom
by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:44 PM
I didn't get to go senior year or jr year. I want with one of my guy friends for his jr one when I was a sophomore. I was way preg for my senior one but I met all my friends afterwards when they went out to eat. It kinda made me sad but then i just look at my daughter now (20) months and I dont regret one thing. I would not give up a lifetime with her for 1 night of something that is worthless
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
novachick
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2012 at 1:49 PM
I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Just to say though I didn't go to any senior functions or dances (or junior for that matter) didn't go to graduation or walk with my class, nothing. I'm now 24 with 3 kids and it really doesn't matter a bit! I've never once been sad or like man, I wish I could've done those things. It really isn't important in the long run. Your baby does and you'll see what you feel like matters or is a big deal today won't matter a bit in a little while. Just keep your chin up and don't ever resent the choice to put your baby first. You're doing the right thing and it'll all be worth it. Good luck mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vipergirl22
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I did not go to prom either I used another dance that my boyfriend was allowed at as my senior prom. It was my Military Ball; yes I am Jrotc nerd if you know what that is and I can say I am glad I did not go to prom. I was told by my friends that they used there budget to get the place they got and some people got food poisoning. And I could not have asked for a better Military Ball. Oh yea my Bf then is my dh now so I am glad he was the one I shared my last with.

.Angelica.
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:31 PM

i never went to prom, not because of kids either. i don't regret it.

sophiesister2
by Member on May. 11, 2012 at 3:10 PM
I dont resent my choice. I love being a mom. Its more that i resent how much iv had to give up when her dad hasnt given up anything and still expects to eventually get 50/50 custody when he sees her once a week for an hour...gosh im in a really bad mood today lol

Quoting novachick:

I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Just to say though I didn't go to any senior functions or dances (or junior for that matter) didn't go to graduation or walk with my class, nothing. I'm now 24 with 3 kids and it really doesn't matter a bit! I've never once been sad or like man, I wish I could've done those things. It really isn't important in the long run. Your baby does and you'll see what you feel like matters or is a big deal today won't matter a bit in a little while. Just keep your chin up and don't ever resent the choice to put your baby first. You're doing the right thing and it'll all be worth it. Good luck mama

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiesister2
by Member on May. 11, 2012 at 3:12 PM
I went last year too and it was great im really glad i went last yr and im even more glad i ddnt go with my babys dad

Quoting NotAsPlanned:

Cheer up momma! Prom really isn't all that great. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, a senior this year and prom is next Friday for us. I won't be going either cause my baby girl is due the day after! Luckily I went last year though. It bums me out a little but our baby girls are soo much more important then a dance! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandadbaker
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Its not stupid to feel that way, i was a little upset when i saw everybody going to prom. Thats not on my priorities list anymore and sometimes I wish it was. I know that i'll love my baby more than anything though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)