Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Screaming!!!

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM
  • 7 Replies
My daughter, who will be 7 months old on the 19th screams allllll the time! Instead of crying when she wants something or when she's bored, or when she wants to be picked up, she screams so loud.
So you can imagine, I have a headache everyday. Also my SO works nights for the next week and cat sleep with her yelling. I've tried ignoring the yelling and only getting her what she needs when she's calm but that didn't work.
Any suggestions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Innocencedreams
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Caleb did that when he was about the same age, maybe a little older. He would scream without a reason, at least without one I could find. I just rocked and wore him, and he finally stopped. Is she teething maybe?

SaraNicole1019
by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:07 PM
She could be. She has already gotten her two bottom teeth but I don't feel any more coming up. It doesn't seem to be bothering her like it used to, though. So I don't think so.

Quoting Innocencedreams:

Caleb did that when he was about the same age, maybe a little older. He would scream without a reason, at least without one I could find. I just rocked and wore him, and he finally stopped. Is she teething maybe?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
siennasmamma
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:50 PM
My dd did this too, and df was on night shift 10pm-7am at the time, so I understand. It will pass. She just found a new vocal chord, and she's testing it out. My daughter did this for a few weeks, and then she just stopped one day. She still screams, but not near as much. It's only once in awhile. Once your daughter finds a new skill to play around with, she'll forget about screaming. I know it sucks, but it's just a waiting game.
JayBearsmomma
by on May. 12, 2012 at 2:52 PM
No advice sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
B-FigNewton
by on May. 13, 2012 at 1:22 AM

I hope it gets better!

maria1613
by on May. 13, 2012 at 1:25 AM
If she is teething, its possible she's just handling it differently. My dd didn't react at all to most of her teeth. She got a little fussy for some. And now she's out of the blue sucking her thumb. She's never done that and I can see there's teeth coming in...... just a thought

Quoting SaraNicole1019:

She could be. She has already gotten her two bottom teeth but I don't feel any more coming up. It doesn't seem to be bothering her like it used to, though. So I don't think so.

Quoting Innocencedreams:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2012 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this
She's just finding her voice, it will stop eventually:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN