Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Looking for help with housing...Section 8 or any help...any suggestions??

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 1:11 PM
  • 7 Replies

Im 19 and i have a 3 month old son and im pregnant again. My Fiance works his A** off, 40 hours a week and only making $8 a hour. We were living in our apartment for 10 months and we found black mold that was in all the walls and covered the inside of the whole apartment. we moved out because we have a infant and didnt want to risk his health. We are able to stay with my fiances parents for a few more weeks. We cant find any housing or anything we can afford. Im getting food stamps and WIC. Does anyone know any places that will help us pay for our rent or anywhere we can stay? Im looking into section 8 and am curious how safe and how well it works. Does anyone live in section 8 housing or get any help with their rent? Please im desperate!

P.S we live in Spencer, MA and are willing to move anywhere to get help.

by on May. 14, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2012 at 1:46 PM
Dont count on section 8. most places have a waiting list that is years long, if they are even accepting applications anymore. go to your local housing authority, they may be able to point you in the right direction.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Innocencedreams
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:34 PM
No idea, sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on May. 14, 2012 at 3:26 PM

i'm not sure. here's a bump

Thinking of using cloth diapers? CLICK HERE

IG1123
by on May. 14, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Section 8 has a really long waiting list nd accepts applications once a year i think.. When you go apply for your food stamps ask if they have any way to help you out. check out a local project i know its not the best but they go by your income and since you have an infant and another on the way they might help out a lot faster.. Tell them you arent with the father so its just you and the kids and he gives u a certain amount each month... My aunt did that nd she got a 3 bed room apt with in 3 months i think it was and she only paid $ 85 a month .. We live in MA too by the way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Try your housing authority, ask around at places like food/clothing banks, talk to the people at your WIC services center.

DazzledMomma
by on May. 14, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Quoting IG1123:

Section 8 has a really long waiting list nd accepts applications once a year i think.. When you go apply for your food stamps ask if they have any way to help you out. check out a local project i know its not the best but they go by your income and since you have an infant and another on the way they might help out a lot faster.. Tell them you arent with the father so its just you and the kids and he gives u a certain amount each month... My aunt did that nd she got a 3 bed room apt with in 3 months i think it was and she only paid $ 85 a month .. We live in MA too by the way

My friend did this, and it wasn't the wisest decision. She WAS with the father, stated she wasn't and somehow something slipped and the help agency found out she was lying. Situation wasn't pretty. I'd personally be straight up honest thru the whole situation. To each their own. Good luck!
krystlzd3
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Call 211
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)