Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Gave Birth Four Months Ago and Am Pregnant Again

I just had a beautiful baby girl four months ago. I recently have been having pregnancy symptoms, sore breasts, nausea, puking, fatigue, cravings, moodiness the whole nine yeards. I havent told the family yet, except for my husband. Im not sure what everyone will think. Does anyone know some risks i should be prepared for having a child so soon after my first? And how should I break it to the family in the least dramatic way?

by on May. 14, 2012 at 8:28 PM
Replies (131-140):
mommy2annaliese
by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Lots of doctors say the risk are too great and reccomend a 2 year gap, but no more than 5 years.

google it up!

However, several people have children very close together and don't face complications!

sarahtaylor07
by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:37 PM
Not true! I got pregnant when my son was 8 months. Dr said they encourage 6 months between pregnancies, but most of the time it is fine. My friend got pregnant when her baby was 2 months. Everything was fine. Don't stress!

Quoting JayBearsmomma:

This is true

Quoting Ashleeduhh:

Google it. I know there are risks. Drs highly discourage having kids closer than 2 yrs apart.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
howdah
by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:38 PM

I got PG real soon after my youngest and miscarried. They did not have home testing kits then and my doc would not test, told me I could not get PG while BF. Not even sure how far along I was, delivered 1st week in April, miscarried near end of July. Did not have enough milk for DD so had to wean her. She was such a handful when she was little, it was probably a blessing I did not have another one less than a year younger, but I really wanted that baby.

maridave
by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:38 PM
My son were born in the same years 10 months and 10 days apart. One in February and one in December. Let's just say when I went for my post partum check up it turned into a prenatal appt. My pregnancy went really well and yeah it was a little difficult having a newborn and being pregnant my body was ok. Congrats and good luck on your pregnancy :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamazee73
by New Member on May. 15, 2012 at 6:40 PM
I'm on a List for moms with lots of children (currently expecting #8 myself). My babies tend to be every two years, but a lot of moms have a baby a year. Thing is, pregnancy is a health *indicator*, not a health liability. It just means you are healthy and strong. I would be careful to eat very healthily, as you need extra nutrition for the tiny one in your womb, and i'm guessing you may still be nursing? My husband's brother is 16 mo younger than him, and both are healthy, strong, and smart! But enjoy this baby and this pregnancy! Your children will be so glad to have a sibling close in age :).
vtmommyof2bratz
by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:40 PM

we got pregnant with our second 3 months after our first and never had any problems pregnancy wise 

NaturalMamaCZ
I have several friends who got pregnant again at this time. Be very aware of your nutritional uptake because your body has not had time to completely recover and replenish. All my friends have healthy children. Peace to you
kmbphx
Congrats! Gestational Diabetes is one thing to watch out for, so if you haven't list your baby weight, just don't gain too much more weight. Talk to your doc about it. Again, congratulations!
twogirl91
by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:41 PM
I got pregnant 8 months after having a baby, due in 4 weeks, I haven't had any problems or anything. Thankfully my family was very excited for us.
mostlymaydays
by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Heavens, breastfeeding keeps my ovulation and period at bay for at least 24 months after each baby. But if you're pregnant enough to be experiencing symptoms, you should have enough hcg to test positive already. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN