Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

fears about induction...

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:51 AM
  • 65 Replies
2 moms liked this

so ill be 40 weeks (give or take) on the 16th.. my ob says im 90% efaced and 2 1/2 cent dialated, have been for 2 weeks and no improvement. we set a date to be induced for the 21st. Im so nervous. Ive read all I can on induction, the risks, pros and cons, read stories, seen videos, but still not sure what to expect. I didnt want to get induced at first, unless it was medically necessary, big part because of the risk of c-section.

but now the thought of my son being born and the chance pregnancy symptoms will subside is almost like a huge rainbow in this miserable pregnancy... I hate everything about being pregnant, but I dont want the chance that my son isnt ready to be born and get induced anyway and him end up paying for my selfishness...

has anyone been induced? what was it like? what were your thoughts before and after? any advice will help!

by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Innocencedreams
by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:58 AM
I have never and will never be induced, unless absolutely medically necessary. Obviously its your choice, but you can go up to two weeks past your due date. Why take the chance on all those complications, on a c section, if you don't have to?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
megandcailey08
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I was induced with my first. Not gonna lie it was awful! The most painful and long ordeal of my life. I ended up getting an epidural and it still was awful. I delivered my second all natural and it was a breeze in comparison
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bgbluford785
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I got induced with my first and had to have a c-section, I'm have to have another c-section with this one bc I had so many complacations with the first. I was in labor for 38 hours and I blame the induction. Not going to lie come Friday at 7 am my lil guy will be here and it should be way eaiser this time. God luck, pick what's rght for u!!
NowImAMom...
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:57 AM
I was induced. I got an epidural, which I didn't really want, but I needed to get my blood pressure down (I was getting upwards of 180/112). I figured I would have had to anyways, because I was already having blood pressure issues, they run in the family, and now I'm on meds for it. I didn't need a c-section.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misstaylor85
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I was with my son. Honestly pitocin is the devil. It was horrible my contractions didn't come and go they went up came down slightly for 2 sec and spiked back up. Thank God they gave me the epidural way early. I am currently pregnant with my second child and already told my new dr that I refuse to be induced again and if he touches me with that stuff I may stab him. I am not trying to scare you but I would hold out your body is already moving along like it should. Due dates aren't always accurate I wouldn't recommend it.

Lilmzmegz
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I had to be induced with both pregnancies. My water had partially broke with my first so I had to be induced to have her. She was perfectly fine. My son had passed away before he was born so i had to be induced with him as well. I didnt need to have a c section and I had no problems with my inductions. Both were born vag. No complications. 

Only thing is that if they give you too much pitocin it can cause the contractions to be haywire. With my first I was having 2 every 4 minutes 1 would end and the other would begin.(they had my pitocin level at a 16 I wasnt supposed to go above a 10) With my second I didn't even feel my contractions. 

ForeverInLove
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:23 AM
2 moms liked this
Watch the Business of Being Born.

I was induced, ended in a section.

Why is he planning to induce you? Why not have nst's done, as well as a biophysical profile done? There is no reason to just induce at 41 weeks. Not even for a "big baby". That card is played way too often. Doctors enjoy scare tactics so they can control something that baby, and your body, should control.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlg9209
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:43 AM
I was induced a day before I turned 40 weeks bc of high blood pressure. My contractions were not bad even on the highest amount they would administer. Then they were kinda painful. I got an epidural at 7 cm and had my baby boy vaginaly after 30 minutes of pushing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsAdorkable
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Inductions are more painful, they do increase the risks for you & baby. Is there a medical reason dr. wants to induce?
I was pressured into inducing @ 41 wks with my son, and I really wish I would've gone with my gut.

DazzledMomma
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:49 AM
I have not been induced. However, they tried talking me into it with my last because he was "big." Not a good enough reason in my book. I HAVE been at the birth of my best friends baby, whom she was inducrd with due to PIH, and I was in tears for her. She said the contractions are more like one solid pain instead of waves. She didn't want epidural, but gave in because the pitocion was causing contractions but she wasn't dilating well enough. Once she got that she was alright until she was told she needed a c section. To each their own, but personally I would refuse it and let nature take it's course unless absoliet medically needed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN