Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Baby Shower question.

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm having a pretty small shower coming up this weekend. I really didn't want a cake just because I want little to nothing left over after the party ( I just went grocery shopping). That and my favors are cake pops, so I dont think anyone will miss cake, its a BBQ. I was telling a friend of mine and she said I have to have a cake, lol. Should I just get a small cake, make one, or just not have one at all? What would you do?

by on May. 16, 2012 at 3:03 PM
Replies (11-20):
remaining_me
by on May. 16, 2012 at 5:20 PM

mmm! my pops are red velvet. i have a ton of cake mix here in a variety of flavors that went unused a couple weeks ago for another event, so i'll use those.

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

I did red velvet cupcakes. I only had a few extra, satisfied my chocolate craving for a few days;)

bryn65
by on May. 16, 2012 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you should do whatever you feel like doing. You have cake pops and it's not about a cake... it's about your and that little baby inside you.  Everytime I go to a baby shower nobody even eats the cake. Cake pops were an awesome idea!!! I say do whatever makes you feel better. I wouldnt make a little cake for just one person though.. Have a good shower!

BeachMama05
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I love going to baby showers and having cake :) yumm!! I say go for it or maybe even cupcakes :)

Mommyto2boys178
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Cake pops = cake and will be perfect for a BBQ! IMO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angeleyes16
by Member on May. 16, 2012 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

You should def. have cake! What's a baby shower without cake? lol

jenesis915
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I think te cake pop should be fine do people understand that's cake lol just different form of cake
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
remaining_me
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:35 PM

lol right. they're for people to grab as they go. maybe thats why people like the regular cake idea, they want to eat it there? IDK. i never eat the cake anywhere, lol

Quoting jenesis915:

I think te cake pop should be fine do people understand that's cake lol just different form of cake

remaining_me
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:36 PM

thnk you! ^_^

Quoting bryn65:

I think you should do whatever you feel like doing. You have cake pops and it's not about a cake... it's about your and that little baby inside you.  Everytime I go to a baby shower nobody even eats the cake. Cake pops were an awesome idea!!! I say do whatever makes you feel better. I wouldnt make a little cake for just one person though.. Have a good shower!

jenesis915
by on May. 16, 2012 at 11:11 PM
maybe? not sure but it's awesome your doing cake pops we did that for my moms wedding as well ... I made like 400 of them lol I bet your guests will love it once they em eat one!

Quoting remaining_me:

lol right. they're for people to grab as they go. maybe thats why people like the regular cake idea, they want to eat it there? IDK. i never eat the cake anywhere, lol

Quoting jenesis915:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
remaining_me
by on May. 17, 2012 at 12:00 PM

wow 400! i'll have maybe 40, lol.

Quoting jenesis915:

maybe? not sure but it's awesome your doing cake pops we did that for my moms wedding as well ... I made like 400 of them lol I bet your guests will love it once they em eat one!

Quoting remaining_me:

Quoting jenesis915:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)