Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms
Have any moms had a stye (sty) before? I had one that drained on sunday and now I have another one coming in and its only been a few days...

Any advice to help get rid of it?
Should I go to my primary care doctor or my eye doctor?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Replies (11-15):
mlg9209
by on May. 18, 2012 at 2:01 PM
They ARE contagious...

Quoting emandab:

Like pp said, it's just a zit on your eye-lid from clogges ducts.  Warm compress will do the trick.  They are not contagious.  Do you use a lot of eye make-up? If you do I would suggest just try and get it all cleaned off well before bed.  I have never heard about it being caused by a staph infection.  It could be an entry way for a staph infection to get into your body, but that's highly unlikely.

Quoting GracelynJoysMom:

I have been doing that but it ended up developing another one. I'm just concerned because I got them back to back and I have read that its caused by staph infection.and I have a baby so I dont want to spread anything to her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emandab
by on May. 18, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Yep you are right.  If the stye was causes by clogged ducts then it's basically a zit and really now worries.  If it's cause by staph bacteria then yes it can be contagious.  Just need to make sure you're not rubbing your eyes and touching things before washing them.  It's hard not to rub when you have a stye though dammit lol.

Quoting mlg9209:

They ARE contagious...

Quoting emandab:

Like pp said, it's just a zit on your eye-lid from clogges ducts.  Warm compress will do the trick.  They are not contagious.  Do you use a lot of eye make-up? If you do I would suggest just try and get it all cleaned off well before bed.  I have never heard about it being caused by a staph infection.  It could be an entry way for a staph infection to get into your body, but that's highly unlikely.

Quoting GracelynJoysMom:

I have been doing that but it ended up developing another one. I'm just concerned because I got them back to back and I have read that its caused by staph infection.and I have a baby so I dont want to spread anything to her.

GracelynJoysMom
by Member on May. 18, 2012 at 3:42 PM
I went to the eye doctor today because when I woke up my eye was so swollen it was almost shut. They said that its some type of infection in my eye because of the styes that I had. So they gave me some ointment and some drops and said to use cold compression to get the swelling down and I have to see them back in a week but if it swells up more or doesnt get better I have to call them monday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JayBearsmomma
by on May. 18, 2012 at 4:43 PM
urine gets rid of styes. I know it sounds disgusting but pee on your finger and put your urine on the stye it will be gone within a matter of days
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GracelynJoysMom
by Member on May. 20, 2012 at 2:20 PM

My horrible stye/ infection today! So far the medicine isnt working. Im hoping it heals soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)