Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Opinions please?

Posted by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:12 PM
  • 3 Replies

So I have recently had to cut my hours at work almost in half. I went from 33 hours a week to now around 20. (I have been in and out of the hospital due to a kidney infection) However I have recently been contemplating on making and selling baked goods to friends/coworkers in order to make a few extra bucks(It would be mainly on request) I mean I will already be doing baked goods for our Childrens Miracle Network fundraisers at work so I could always make extras and sell them on the side. And I love to bake so its something I couldn't get tired of doing it. I always had fun with our bakesales at school.

Anyone think this could be a good idea? Or think I should start off with a select variety(If this please suggest what kinds of variety like just cookies and cupcakes in certain flavors)?

by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Tay.den
by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:34 PM

I think it is a great idea.  My co-worker does kids birthday parties.  She will make two cupcakes for each kid that they get to decorate.  Then they have one to eat at the party and one to take home. People will always love sweets.  It doesnt hurt to try it out and see what happens!

Innocencedreams
by on May. 20, 2012 at 7:53 PM
I think it's a great idea, but be careful that the cost of your ingredients isn't more than your profit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lilmzmegz
by on May. 20, 2012 at 8:01 PM

I know that. I went to a technical highschool for culinary arts so I have experience with all the aspects of it and how to price them and what not. Plus the majority of the stuff I would need I already have. Just would have to pick up a few minor aspects.

Quoting Innocencedreams:

I think it's a great idea, but be careful that the cost of your ingredients isn't more than your profit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)