Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

apartment living

Posted by on May. 22, 2012 at 2:45 PM
  • 8 Replies
Would you ever leave your napping kid(s) in order to get something done?
Scenario: you desperately need to get laundry done because you need to shower but have no clean undies. LO is sleeping, good for about 2 hrs, in a crib. Your apartments laundry facility is downstairs across the parking lot. Each machine takes 30 minutes.
Would you do laundry during naptime and do things like locking the front door and going back and forth just to load and unload help? (Instead of staying at the laundry facility the whole time.)

Be honest, be nice, this has been something that has come up several times in my life and just wondering if I'm a horrible mom for even thinking it lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 22, 2012 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Vipergirl22
by on May. 22, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Since my dd is only two I would not leave her alone. I would take her with me. She can help most likely and she now earns stickers for doing chores and helping out. Then again my dd doesn't take naps anymore but I still wouldn't leave her alone if she was napping. I would make it work around that if I could.

.Angelica.
by on May. 22, 2012 at 2:55 PM

i would probably try to do the laundry before nap time

-42-
by Member on May. 22, 2012 at 2:56 PM

I couldn't do it.

I would think about it, but never actually go through with it.....I'm a paranoid type mom, lol.

phrenicfire89
by on May. 22, 2012 at 2:59 PM
See the thing is, I have one year old twin boys who just learned how to run. And I'm 37 weeks pregnant. We live upstairs and no yard area, just immediate parking lot. doing laundry with them in tow is not something I have figured out how to do. And DH is just being an ass an not giving me the time I need to do the chores outside the house, like laundry and grocery shopping. I feel so stuck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
phrenicfire89
by on May. 22, 2012 at 3:00 PM
I am too "/ it sounds so easy and logical but just.... So wrong. I mean they are safe in their crib, napping, but still alone...

Quoting -42-:

I couldn't do it.

I would think about it, but never actually go through with it.....I'm a paranoid type mom, lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilDzMamma2010
by on May. 22, 2012 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I would lay him down. go start laundry come back up go back down in thirty mins switch to dryer go back up and go down & check on it in thirty mins.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dollysvlog
by on May. 22, 2012 at 3:09 PM

I live in an apt have been for the past 3 years... my ds is 5 months old... I refuse to leave the suite to even get mail or do laundry without bf or a family member in the suite with him.... the bf makes fun of me for it, thinks I am being rediculous... thats just how I feel... ill probably be worse when he is older and able to get around....

but I personaly would find a way too have family or s/o watch him. or maybe you could have a laundry day once a week at a family members/friends house so they are being lookin after.... idk thats just me... we do laundry once a week one both of us are home... (we live on the 4th floor of a walk up)

heather4511
by on May. 22, 2012 at 3:26 PM
I'm too paranoid for that. My laundry was in the basement so id have to go outside to get to the basement..and that was scary enough. Plus in winter I had to leave DD for a min while she was asleep to drive the car around the block to switch sides..or I got a parking ticket.

But i certainly couldn't go across a parking lot and all that. Too scary
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)