Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

I feel like Im a bad mother and I want to cry :,( UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post
I had to go get blood work done and I left DD and DS with Dh(which DD and DS don't listen to him). My DS was running and tripped over a toy which Dh told him to pick it up. He tripped and hit the coffer table and now his right eyebrow is busted open. I am mobile so I can't upload a picture. I just feel like if I stayed home this would never happened :( I just want to cry. So I'm on the bus heading hone to take him to the ER to make sure he don't need stitches to me it does. When DS moves his head it starts bleeding and Dh yelled at me saying if I didn't go this would never happen. I feel so bad now. I am a bad mother, and I don't knw anymore. I should just give them up completely maybe nothing like this would happen. But I feel Dh should of made him pick it up or he toy gets put up for good until DS knows how pick his toys up. DD don't listen either and she is 1 and DS is 3 so DS should of listened. So I feel bad as is so please don't be hateful or bash.

UPDATE: my Dh said sorry for yelling at me. He just freaked out and I took my son to the ER and he has 4 stitches. DS was a BOY BOY about it and didn't even cry when they put the stitches in. I'm so proud of him. He is a strong boy. And apparently DD pushed DS and he tripped and fell. But besides that DS should of listened when Dh told him to pick his toy up. My DS is a strong boy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 22, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Replies (11-20):
parisonmom
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:35 PM
I was in that class too!

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Its not your fault, your son was told to pick up his toy, this is the consequence of not doing so. It could of happened if you were there too. Some lessons need to be learned the hard way. Try asking your son how this could of been avoided. Kids are smart let him learn. Yes you should feel empathy but not guilt:) He'll be just fine.

Sorry I have been taking Love & Logic parenting classes and it teaches parents not to take the blame unless you directly caused the issue.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bribri287
by on May. 22, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Why do you feel guilty if you had to leave to get blood work done? It's not like you were going out clubbing or something. Your kids need to learn to listen to their father not just you. I feel so bad for your son but accidents happen take it from a mother of 2 boys ages 4 and 6. They're are always getting into something. Just take a breather and don't feel bad. It's totally not your fault.

.Angelica.
by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:17 PM

glad he's alright now.

Vipergirl22
by on May. 23, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Glad he is ok.

kagegirl
by on May. 23, 2012 at 4:27 PM

You are not a bad mom. Your kids don't listen to your husband because he is NOT consistant with them. It sounds like he leaves everything to you. YOU should be able to go get blood work done. YOU should be able to leave them with him and know things are fine. That one was HIS fault, not yours.

KaroGreenly
by on May. 23, 2012 at 4:48 PM
This is why we no longer have a coffee table. They are just an accident waiting to happen.

I'm glad your son is ok. Kids have accidents. His father should be capable of caring for him. You're not a bad mother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ajb2750
by on May. 23, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Shiiiit! Girl, my kids have knocked out teeth, broken bones, etc....right in front of me! Kids will be kids and accidents are invevitable! And for the record, freaking out on your spouse is a totally normal reaction in the heat of the moment. When my oldest knocked out her teeth on the tile, my husband yelled at me that it was my fault for picking tile for the kitchen!!! He later realized he was an idiot....what are we gonna do, put carpet in the kitchen?! You will feel better tomorrow.

ajb2750
by on May. 23, 2012 at 4:54 PM

You are so right! We tossed ours out years ago....they are no good!

Quoting KaroGreenly:

This is why we no longer have a coffee table. They are just an accident waiting to happen.

I'm glad your son is ok. Kids have accidents. His father should be capable of caring for him. You're not a bad mother.

zayababy
by on May. 23, 2012 at 6:19 PM

its not your fault. remember you cant prevent what you cant predict.

parisonmom
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:07 PM
My Dh threw it away when I got home from blood work.

Quoting ajb2750:

You are so right! We tossed ours out years ago....they are no good!

Quoting KaroGreenly:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN