Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Did you plan your teen pregnancy?

Posted by on May. 24, 2012 at 7:11 AM
  • 79 Replies
1 mom liked this

This friend of mine (16 at the time) was with her boyfriend for 6 months and decided they loved each other so much that they wanted a baby together... and that they did. But she was very selfish with her pregnancy (smoked weed and cigarettes and drank for the first 4 months) and they (shockingly) broke up before the baby was even born.

Neither of them had jobs or truly stable households and they did it anyway. I just really couldn't understand the logic here. I mean, I've heard some teen mom's planning it to either trap a guy or wanting to feel unconditional love.

I'm a teen mom and getting pregnant was the biggest shock of my life! I found out while in the hospital for my gallbladdar and cried and cried and cried. I'm more than happy now, but this is definitely not something I planned. (and honestly, after all the BS I've put up with the last 5 months of this pregnancy, I feel stupid for even getting pregnant)

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 24, 2012 at 7:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsestepp
by on May. 24, 2012 at 7:20 AM
I didn't plan nor prevent. My lil man will be here in 6weeks i'm so anxious to be a mommy soon after he's born i'll be in my apartment :) i'll be 20next month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Innocencedreams
by on May. 24, 2012 at 7:39 AM
Mine was planned. I was 18, we were on our honeymoon, and we wanted a baby. We knew we could care for another baby though, financially and emotionally. We were ready for Caleb, just not for him to come so early!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlg9209
by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:42 AM
I planned mine but I had been with df for 2 years and we have our own house car and he has a good job. I do think it's stupid when ppl purposely get pregnant when they both don't have jobs and live with their parents still. Ignorance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unspecified42
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:16 AM
5 moms liked this

My son is what I call a 'happy accident.'

marrufina
by on May. 24, 2012 at 11:27 AM

I think I kinda planned it because I never prevented it LOL. I always had sex with NO protection at all with my boyfriend (my husband now)...so sooner or later that was something that I couldn't scape to happen. But I have no regrets, I would do it again if I had the chance

.Angelica.
by on May. 24, 2012 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

i wasn't pregnant as a teen

Kachetes
by on May. 24, 2012 at 2:04 PM
I wasnt a teen , I had just turned 20 when we started TRYING to get preggo , we were living with my mom bc of a problem but we had planned to move out the mnth after we started trying .. We now live on our own & were ready for our first baby !!

pregnancy calendar
Vipergirl22
by on May. 24, 2012 at 2:17 PM

My pregnancy was planned but I wasn't a teen. All my pregnancies will be planned.

pinkiebabii
by on May. 24, 2012 at 2:19 PM
I got pregnant 18. My son was very planned.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilDzMamma2010
by on May. 24, 2012 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't plan it but he did.....talk about shocked
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)