Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PREGNANT & ATTENDING SCHOOL?!?!?

I WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE IS OR HAS BEEN PREGNANT AND ATTENDED SCHOOL DURING THEIR LAST MONTHS, IF SO HOW DIFFICULT WAS IT TO STAY FOCUSED AND PASS UR CLASSES? DID YOU GO INTO LABOR BEFORE COMPLETING THE SEMESTER AND HOW DID YOU DEAL WITH THAT?

the reason is that im asking is because i will be starting summer school next week (just 1 class) and i only have a month before my due date /: my class ends on July 3rd and my due date is July 9th!!

PLEASE TELL ME UR STORIES/ EXPERIENCES.. DID U END UP DROPPING OUT FOR THAT SEMESTER? DID UR TEACHER MAKE SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR FINALS FOR U?

THANKS LOTS FOR UR HELP!! graduate

by on May. 24, 2012 at 7:34 PM
Replies (11-20):
alison08
by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:22 PM
I went to school two days before my son was born and then started again a week later. I did speak to my professors before and did as much work as I could before he came. You can do it, you just have to keep at it! Good luck!
cspragg
by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:22 PM

since i found out i was pregtant i never once thought about dropping out just made me work harder and more often. after the year was up I started online classes with FLVS n have amazing grades n work all year long. its hard no lie with a kid or just being pregant but its only hard if u make it hard. I did it n now am back n public schooling while my has free daycare n hope to b a graduate of 2013. :)

amyrw
by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:23 PM
I wasn't but my sister was. She was in 10th grade and her due date was right before Christmas break was to start. She went to school full time everyday until she delivered. She missed 1 day of school. By the time Christmas break was over she was ready to go back to school but the school was generous enough to send a teacher to our house for a month so she could be at home with the baby but still get her class work in. So the timing for her was perfect, 1 missed day total.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Britt223
by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:24 PM
I eneded my Junior year at 30 weeks with twins!
I thought I was gonna die, not fitting in seats, walking through the crowded halls, swollen basketball sized feet and lack of breaths. Very hard but I got it done, I return in August and my girls will be turning 2 months so it will make my Senior year easier! I was so affraid I was gonna go into labor & the teachers were scared too lol!
Brookesmom2012
by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I start college in August and im due the beginning of Sept but im doing mostly online classes i imagine it will be hard to stay focus with babygirl here but I will find the will Its all for her! lol Good Luck youll do Good!

nicolekcoy
by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:28 PM
I had dd on tuesday morning and went back to school on a monday. My professors were lenient with my absences. I got back to school and busted my butt the last 2 weeks of the semester. Then had a 2 week break and went right into a new semester. Needless to say I'm glad to be on summer break. Goodluck to you and I hope all goes well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JayBearsmomma
by on May. 24, 2012 at 11:42 PM
I attended school my whole pregnancy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blakesmommy123
by on May. 24, 2012 at 11:52 PM

I'm the one in the middle this was taken 3 weeks b4 I had my son. I was in school until 4 days b4 I had him. I passed all my classes it was hard & I was tired but I did it & you can do it too (: good luck momma <3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sara52
by on May. 25, 2012 at 1:53 AM

I found out i was pregnant in September, and i had my son in April a month early and a month before graduation. I spent my whole pregnancy in school. It was pretty easy for me everyone was usually really nice. One teacher even had a birth plan for me lol. He was terrified i was going to go into labor in his class, so for extra credit he had students set up to run to the office to call 911, someone there to coach me, and he even had a clean up crew if my water broke. He was one of my favorite teachers. Since i was so close to graduating most of my teachers basically gave me my final grade and i was done, some of them lessened the load and others didn't care. I had a teacher come to my house once a week to give me homework and i had to go to back to school for two tests. ( I was also taking college courses so i couldn't get out of that) It was really easy for me, but i also kept up with my homework i did it all while my son was napping or i would feed him and do homework at the same time. I had 6 weeks of homework to do, (becuase my son came so early i was in the hospital trying to stop labor and stayed there for a week before my son was born) and i got it all done within 2. As long as you don't make exuses its really easy to get done, i was in high school and college when my son was born so i really don't see any exuse in dropping out or not doing your work.

LUV2BEAMOMMY12
by on May. 25, 2012 at 3:25 AM

wow thank u so much ladies for ur sharing & ur support! :) it really motivate me to try my best even if i do go into labor before the semester ends.. i dont plan on dropping out at all since i am more than ever convinced that getting a degree will give my baby & i a better future.. a lot of my family said the opposite that going to school while im in my last months & then with a newborn would be impossible, and even tho i did not listen to them & still registered for my classes i have to admit i did get scared & doubted myself for a min /: but seriously thank you all so much! :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)