Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter has her days and nights completely switched, Help!

Posted by on May. 25, 2012 at 8:26 AM
  • 7 Replies

So Anita is 8 months old today, and she wake up at 4pm and stays up until at least 6am. If I keep her up during the day shegets extremely cranky. Any tips or advice to get her to bed around 8pm?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on May. 25, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
esbucksix
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:23 AM

As a mother of 4, you will just have to have a couple of cranky days and then it will all work out.   Make sure you get some sleep when she is napping because you will need it. It will get better and enjoy these moments because they do not last long.   I would also say take out one nap during the day.....maybe if she is used to two naps during the day make it only one for something like an hour or two......get her on a better sleep cycle then you can let her sleep like she wants.....It will get easier.....

.Angelica.
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:24 AM

iwould try keeping her up. she will be cranky for a couple days but it should get better.

heather4511
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Agree. You just gota stick it out a couple days until she gets on track :/

Quoting .Angelica.:

iwould try keeping her up. she will be cranky for a couple days but it should get better.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissClaraBeth
by on May. 25, 2012 at 2:49 PM

keep her in light during day ! my daughter was the exact same way! try to keep her up but not to much just little. and in the night keep it dark so she doesnt get more awake by the lights and understands that after such hour it night and not play time!

kstorm234
by Member on May. 26, 2012 at 1:26 PM

My son was like that. You just need to keep her up in the day  despite the crankiness and put her to bed early,

1.hot.mama2005
by Esther on May. 26, 2012 at 4:10 PM
I agree as well. Good luck! :)

Quoting heather4511:

Agree. You just gota stick it out a couple days until she gets on track :/

Quoting .Angelica.:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
insaneygolover
by on May. 27, 2012 at 3:27 AM

Well, we've gotten her on a better schedule, last night she went to bed at 10 and slept till 11, and we let her sleep a bit too long but she fell asleep at 1...still not perfect, but much better! Thank you ladies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)