Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Implanon removed!!!

Posted by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:36 PM
  • 33 Replies
I got my implanon removed today after having it for a few short 7 months. I hated it and was so happy to get it removed but omg my arm killing me now! it hurts so bad! I guess because the numbing medicine has worn off. It is burning and throbbing really bad. Im not sure why though because a little incision to get it out but did have some trouble doing so. I start taking loestrin 24 birth control pills tonight and my dr said to use condoms for the next month til I get regular and the pills have time to work effectively.

I was just wondering have any other moms have severe pain or any other side effects after having the implanon removed?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heather4511
by on May. 29, 2012 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this
That thing seemed scary to me. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GracelynJoysMom
by on May. 29, 2012 at 11:36 PM
It didn't hurt when they put it in but I just had way to many side effects when I was on it so I got it removed and I'm feeling horrible now.

Quoting heather4511:

That thing seemed scary to me. Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dbush0584
by on May. 29, 2012 at 11:38 PM
I'm on Implanon number 2 and I love it. When I got it replaced I watched her and kept my old one. Mine was hard to get out though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy20009
by on May. 29, 2012 at 11:41 PM
What where your side effects?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
remaining_me
by on May. 29, 2012 at 11:42 PM

i havent had it, but here's a bump for you. hope you feel better soon.

jenesis915
by on May. 29, 2012 at 11:42 PM
I'd like to know to I'm getting it Thursday

Quoting Mommy20009:

What where your side effects?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
college.mom
by on May. 29, 2012 at 11:43 PM
2 moms liked this
I love my implanon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GracelynJoysMom
by on May. 29, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Yeah I just had a bunch of side effects and really irregular periods and I didnt like it. It took about 10-15 minutes for them to get it out. Now it just burns where they cut it and its still bleeding alittle and a huge part of my arm is bruised. Did you having any of that when they removed it?

Quoting dbush0584:

I'm on Implanon number 2 and I love it. When I got it replaced I watched her and kept my old one. Mine was hard to get out though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dbush0584
by on May. 29, 2012 at 11:45 PM
I only have my period a couple times a year. I love that...no other side effects for me. When mine was removed another was put right back in so mine bruised A LOT! Half my arm was black for 2 weeks

Quoting GracelynJoysMom:

Yeah I just had a bunch of side effects and really irregular periods and I didnt like it. It took about 10-15 minutes for them to get it out. Now it just burns where they cut it and its still bleeding alittle and a huge part of my arm is bruised. Did you having any of that when they removed it?

Quoting dbush0584:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dbush0584
by on May. 29, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Me too

Quoting college.mom:

I love my implanon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)