Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

June 1st :(

Posted by on May. 31, 2012 at 4:11 AM
  • 6 Replies
June 1st 8years ago i was in the 6th grade. I was pretty close to this girl named rikki and she got killed in a car accident at 12years old. She would have been 20 :( june 14th is when it happened and june 18th(which is my 20th birthday) is when she got laid to rest. I never thought i'd be with her brother carryin her nephew. And its jus so sad to me that i know she'll never get to hold my baby or kiss him or tell him she love's him :( she was a very beautiful girl inside and out. Its been 8years an til this day it still gets to my boyfriend. He absolute hates june and i feel so bad for him :( last year we weren't together that long an the 1st of last year he woke up in tears i didn't know what to do but hold him an let him cry. Now this year idk what to do to make him feel any better!! :( i try to tell him that she's an angel now an that she's always goin to watch over him an that the baby has a guardian angel watchin over him too. But that jus doesn't work. Idk if i should try to make him feel any better or jus kinda keep my mouth shut an completely be there for support(which i'm goin to do anyways) but could u imagine losin your sister at jus 12? I know i couldn't. Its jus so sad. Keep my boyfriend an his family in your prayers for me please!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 31, 2012 at 4:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
heather4511
by on May. 31, 2012 at 4:47 AM
1 mom liked this
My thoughts are with you! *hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
insaneygolover
by on May. 31, 2012 at 5:29 AM

I think you should let him grieve, maybe start a ritual like visiting her grave every year or releasing a balloon. But give lots of hugs and let him cry.

GiannaNevaehmom
by on May. 31, 2012 at 7:30 AM

Quoting heather4511:

My thoughts are with you! *hugs*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a5hl3yC
by on May. 31, 2012 at 7:35 AM

I would give him time because being in an emotional state he could say something that sounds terrible without meaning it and you need to know it's not clear thinking. How have his parents been?

I'll keep you all in my thoughts. Another thought is giving him reason to look forward to june tell him how it will be when your son is graduating, the month you pick out a baby name, try and think of a reason to love june you will never forget what happened but you know she would want you both to be happy as well

.Angelica.
by on May. 31, 2012 at 8:01 AM

just be there as a shoulder to cry on. that's all he needs. when i was 9 my 13 year old brother was killed. it's been 15 years and it's not any easier as time goes on.

BeachMama05
by on May. 31, 2012 at 8:37 AM

hugs 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)