Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Baby doesn't really move

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 8:44 AM
  • 23 Replies

I'm almost 24 weeks pregnant and I really don't feel my baby move much. I'd feel her sometimes (rarely) a few weeks ago, but only if I got hungry. Now I really don't feel her at all.

Or maybe I just I do but it's so minute that I don't recognize it?

And I never see/feel her moving from outside my belly.

Is this normal??

**Edit: 
After I posted this I decided to just lounge back in bed and watch some TV. I put my phone on my belly right above my belly button and watched it for a little while. She kicked it. =]
And while I was laying in bed (trying to go back to sleep) this morning, I felt her a couple times.

I think she's just a calm baby. I have my 6 month appointment on the 13th so I'll bring it up then.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen7865
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 8:46 AM
Hi its not that normally u should count any movement a day and tlk to ur doctor if u need any help send me a meesage cuz i know how to help with this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wydowness
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 8:48 AM
Count the movement, if your really worried see your doctor
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristyCat
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 8:49 AM

I mean, if I miscarried there would be signs, right??

jen7865
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Yes there would be but i would call ur hopital and ask its better to be safe than sorrry ask anything ur worried about i would love to help is this ir first

Quoting KristyCat:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristyCat
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 8:59 AM

This is my first. Which leads me to thinking I don't know exactly what I should be feeling so I mistake some movements for gas or disgestion. Idk.

She's always had a strong heartbeat at all of my appointments and she's developed perfectly so far.

Quoting jen7865:

Yes there would be but i would call ur hopital and ask its better to be safe than sorrry ask anything ur worried about i would love to help is this ir first

Quoting KristyCat:

CafeMom Tickers
jen7865
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 9:00 AM
Ok if u don feel her move i would call the hospital if u wnt add me as a friend i would love to tlk by the way im jen and am 8 months preggo

Quoting KristyCat:

This is my first. Which leads me to thinking I don't know exactly what I should be feeling so I mistake some movements for gas or disgestion. Idk.

She's always had a strong heartbeat at all of my appointments and she's developed perfectly so far.

Quoting jen7865:

Quoting KristyCat:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LexRi0709
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Kick counts. If its been more than 24 hrs with no movement you can feel go to your dr. I had this problem around 25-26 wks or so. I went to the hospital because I was traveling. They said everything with baby was fine, but I ended up having a c-section at 36 wks because they said she wasn't growing anymore and wasn't really moving around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcr17
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 9:04 AM

shes still pretty small. i didnt feel my kids a whole lot at that time.

try drinking some really really cold water and see if it makes her move around. my doctors told me to do that with DD#1 when i didnt feel her move a lot.

GinasMommy412
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Drink some Orange Juice, or something sweet. Lay on your left side and count kicks for an hour. I think it's 10 kicks in an hour, or i could be mistaken. If you don't feel any movement for a while go in and see your doctor to check up on baby. Sometimes I wouldn't notice if she was moving if I was moving around a lot during the day. I felt my baby most when I was laying down or sitting still. 

.Angelica.
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 12:56 PM

i think at 24 weeks they are still small enough you won't feel much yet. there are some people who don't start feeling baby at all until around  this time. it just depends on baby's size and position and also position of the placenta.

if you are truly worried, call your doctor to put your mind at ease.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)