Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

How young is too young to have a baby?

Posted by   + Show Post
Just a questions ... no judgements needed :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Replies (31-40):
LuvinMy2Kiddos
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Quoting skylaelise12:

False. Right after I turned 17 I moved out on my own and fully supported myself. It's called emacipation. I do understand what you are saying that kids should not have kids and I agree but thats why I said able to support yourself. You are just looking past everything I've said.

Quoting LuvinMy2Kiddos:

Quoting skylaelise12:

Obviously you didn't read my post entirely. I said when you can support yourself fully, steady income, etc.

Quoting LuvinMy2Kiddos:

Quoting skylaelise12:

I don't think it should be based upon age but rather where you are in life. Meaning if you can support yourself fully first, have your own place, steady source of income, and emotional maturity. Age shouldn't play a part in it.

age should matter to some extent...if ur not old enough to get a job, then what?? if ur not old enough to sign ur own concent forms when u do have a baby...then ur too young. and really...where are u in life if ur not evn an adult...still a kid in high school...living with mom...age is a little important if u really think about it.

uhh, i think i did read ur post ENTIRELY...and NO ONE UNDER AGE can fully support themselves, because they are not adults yet. U have to be an adult to support urself and have a GOOD steady income, thats what i meant when i said what i said! be an adult them worry about having kids. j/s

Sorry Im not familiar with emancipation, i guess cuz when i was a teenager i was too busy being a teenager and enjoying my life, i did not move out of my moms till i was 18...i had no reason to leave any sooner...or grow up any faster. Props to the young ones out there who know who to be responsible young adults, it aint easy!

kit_manson
by Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Under 16, though I still believe everyone needs to be able to keep, abort, or adopt as they choose. I chose 16 because, at least in my country, that is the age where you can legally start your own household, not be a dependant, drive, rent an apartment, leave school (though I would not reccommend that), and file your own taxes if you have a kid or CLS.  You should also be able to support them too, and while I accept that some can do that at 16 and up, I can't see it happening under 16.

Vipergirl22
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:20 PM
I had just turned 20 two months before I got pregnant and I liked my young age but I was not like most 20 year olds wanting to party and such. I think there are a lot of factors that go into whether you are too young or not and it can be debated upon forever..so I have no answer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
remaining_me
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:33 PM

idk, its based on life. i guess anything in the teens is pretty young, but its different when you're 18, concerned with prom and the SATs and preggo. its another thing when you're 18 just got married, living on your own, so on.

mommyoftwins28
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:45 PM
I guess that's your opinion I had twins at 17 and have been able to supportyself and my daughters 100 percent so I'd say like some others that as long as you can be responsible you aren't too young but again that's just my opinion

Quoting amandaxshawn08:

I had 3 children by that point and was pregnant with our 4th (but lost it).

Much like your comment -able to support yourself & baby- i was not. My husband worked on and off but it was never enough and my parents were constantly givimg us money and buying things for us and (only) baby at home. (our first two were adopted by a couple who cant concieve at all). And we still have a rough time, but its much easier now.

I say 21 mainly because you have expierenced all the "fun stuff" in life at least once. Usually have prior work expierence and in most cases are already holding a job. And some have even finished college at this point!! So i think its a legitamite age.

Im 21 now and my husband is 23.

I was 17 when my first was born. And the looks i got while i was pregnant was unreal. Hubby is working again, we live on our own, we pay bills, im disabled and get ssi, and we are now ready again to have another one. Our youngest and only baby at home is 19 months. He is very happy healthy and active. We just wanna give him a sibling and enjoy the expierence of raising another child. Now that we financially can and not struggle.

Quoting laura_sims:

Why 21? 

Quoting amandaxshawn08:

Any age under 21.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyoftwins28
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:53 PM
Ha in your mind ALL teenagers are lazy your just a person that believes in stereotypes I got pregnant at 16 had my daughters at 17 yes twins finished college I am financially stable and can you believe it I'm only 18 its possible

Quoting LuvinMy2Kiddos:

ppl keep saying any age as long as there old enough to get a job...anyone can get a job at 15/16...and thats waaayyy too young to be having sex much less having kids. most kids who r able to get a job, dnt evn want one, they rather live of ppl, theyre lazy!! when u r a responsible adult 18+ and u think ur ready (i say "think ur ready" cuz nobody is actually rly ready to have a kid, no matter what age, till they actually have one) thats when it should b ok. but evn then 18 and 19, is still a teenager...whats wrong with enjoying ur teen years, u still have ur whole adult life to have kids, why rush it?? have fun and be a teen, there r 2 many statistics out there related to teen mothers...for once why b apart of a statistic? enjoy ur adolescent yrs...ur only a teen once, u can always be a mother later.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
recovered55
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Quoting amandaxshawn08:

Any age under 21.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amandaxshawn08
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 5:56 PM
It is my opinion. And i will stand by it being a teen mother myself.

I love my children, but we were not ready. And i do wish we had made different choices.

And good for you that could do it. Not everyone can. We made a choice that was best for us.

And at 17 were you in public housing with maybe 2 bills, or an actual rental with at least 5 bills, or still living with your parents and paying only small portions of bills?

Quoting mommyoftwins28:

I guess that's your opinion I had twins at 17 and have been able to supportyself and my daughters 100 percent so I'd say like some others that as long as you can be responsible you aren't too young but again that's just my opinion

Quoting amandaxshawn08:

I had 3 children by that point and was pregnant with our 4th (but lost it).

Much like your comment -able to support yourself & baby- i was not. My husband worked on and off but it was never enough and my parents were constantly givimg us money and buying things for us and (only) baby at home. (our first two were adopted by a couple who cant concieve at all). And we still have a rough time, but its much easier now.

I say 21 mainly because you have expierenced all the "fun stuff" in life at least once. Usually have prior work expierence and in most cases are already holding a job. And some have even finished college at this point!! So i think its a legitamite age.

Im 21 now and my husband is 23.

I was 17 when my first was born. And the looks i got while i was pregnant was unreal. Hubby is working again, we live on our own, we pay bills, im disabled and get ssi, and we are now ready again to have another one. Our youngest and only baby at home is 19 months. He is very happy healthy and active. We just wanna give him a sibling and enjoy the expierence of raising another child. Now that we financially can and not struggle.

Quoting laura_sims:

Why 21? 

Quoting amandaxshawn08:

Any age under 21.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-KC-
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Quoting JordonMichelle:

This

Quoting laura_sims:

You are too young to try for a baby when you can not support yourself and your child 100%

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
insaneygolover
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 7:12 PM

My opinion is as soon as you hit puberty you have the potential to be a great mother. I've seen amazing 12 year old moms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN