Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Didn't Know What Love was Until Now...

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 7:03 PM
  • 16 Replies

Just had my first baby girl! She was 8lbs and 11oz, and I delivered her June 1st! Crazy!!!! She's a beauty!

My induction at 41 weeks was awful! 32 hours of labor, 45 min of pushing! I was so tired physically and emotionally. When my epidural wore off before delivery, I didn't think I could do it. But, with a little help from a great doctor and a loving fiance, I gave birth to the most beautiful little girl.

Anyways, I want other people to share their labor/delivery stories! How did you feel before, during, and after? Best/worst things about it?

For me, the worst (besides the pain), was the IV (which I had to get stuck 3 different times) and the hunger, also, the really annoying visitors!!

by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Congrats on a new beautiful lil girl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
remaining_me
by Kay on Jun. 3, 2012 at 7:06 PM

congrats! she is beautiful.

Si21
by Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 7:07 PM
Congrats she is beautiful ! (: I'm not due til Sept and this is my first so I'm excited to c hw everyone's labor & delivery went .. super anxious lol :o
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MayDay93
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Quoting Si21:

Congrats she is beautiful ! (: I'm not due til Sept and this is my first so I'm excited to c hw everyone's labor & delivery went .. super anxious lol :o

Thanks! Just make sure you are super assertive! Tell the nurses what you need and expect (they weren't keeping me updated or communicating!) and don't be afraid to tell people when you want privacy. I had sooooo many unwanted people in the delivery room and it was not a fun party!

Si21
by Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Ok I def. will ! Thanks (:

Quoting MayDay93:

Quoting Si21:

Thanks! Just make sure you are super assertive! Tell the nurses what you need and expect (they weren't keeping me updated or communicating!) and don't be afraid to tell people when you want privacy. I had sooooo many unwanted people in the delivery room and it was not a fun party!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PerfectAccident
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 7:25 PM

That's about like how mine went! 40 hours of labor and an epidural that wore off right before pushing.He is 10 weeks old now, but i still remember what he looked like the moment he came out of me. :) Ididn't allow visitors, except my fiance and my mom. The worst part was not being able to eat.

Congrats on your new baby!

There's no love that is stronger than the love between a mother and her baby. Seriously.

NotAsPlanned
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Congrats girl!

I just had my little girl 13 days ago. I was induced Sunday with a cervidil. Then Monday we started the pitocin. The contractions were horrible and so frequent that they had to stop the pit as it was putting baby in distress (worst part). I got my epidural (life savor!) and became a happy camper. Then the scariest thing happened. Doctors rushed in and said babys heart rate was dropping and she wasn't getting enough oxygen. I quickly was put on oxygen and told an emergency c-section was needed.

The c-section was the scariest thing of my life. I laid on that damn table shaking so hard I thought I would pass out or something. My man helping me through it was the only thing that made me okay. She came out at 6lbs 9 0z and with lots of hair! I love her to death. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMama05
by Jamie on Jun. 3, 2012 at 7:43 PM
Congrats!! She is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your story :) I had 2 c sections so not much to tell here
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MayDay93
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Quoting NotAsPlanned:

Congrats girl!

I just had my little girl 13 days ago. I was induced Sunday with a cervidil. Then Monday we started the pitocin. The contractions were horrible and so frequent that they had to stop the pit as it was putting baby in distress (worst part). I got my epidural (life savor!) and became a happy camper. Then the scariest thing happened. Doctors rushed in and said babys heart rate was dropping and she wasn't getting enough oxygen. I quickly was put on oxygen and told an emergency c-section was needed.

The c-section was the scariest thing of my life. I laid on that damn table shaking so hard I thought I would pass out or something. My man helping me through it was the only thing that made me okay. She came out at 6lbs 9 0z and with lots of hair! I love her to death. :)

Oh yeah, i waited 5 hours before getting my epidural. My water broke on its own at 4AM and I think I got mine around 9 or 10 am. Once I hit 8cm, the babies heart rate was so high because she was trying to get through my little frame! We had to use forceps to get her out.

HizzPrincess
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Congrats!! Shes beautiful!! I cant wait for my little girl to get here :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)