Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

The irony isn't lost on me

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:38 PM
  • 11 Replies
Ok so I posted something a few days ago asking for advice Or something like that. Basically I'm socially awkward. Well I'm graduating college this month and this morning my school called and asked if I would be the valedictorian. I really want to laugh because if I can't hardly talk to a stranger about the weather how the f*ck can I talk to a crowd. So I'm gonna do it cause it really is a special thing no matter how small the school is. But please send me good vibes and inspiration for a speech. Most of the people I'm graduating with are "older" than the typical college graduate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Angelica.
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 11:25 AM

that's awesome! you will do great i'm sure.

AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Jun. 6, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Congratultions on being valedictorian! That's a huge honor!!! You should be extremely proud of yourself for keeping up such good grades. You can do this. Graduating college is a huge step towards making a better life for yourself. If you were able to do so well in school then this should be a cinch. I know for a fact you can get through this. It will help you to grow as a person and to overcome fears that you have. 

heather4511
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Congrats! And you will do great. This will be a great experience for you to conquer public speaking :) Just don't look at people directly..that might help :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bigmama423
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Congrats!! I hope you do great! :)

Shygirl951
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 4:57 AM

Just relax and have fun with it and say aomething meaningful. you got this girl :)

Itzy0ll0tl
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

picture everyone naked.. eeeeewww if theyre older lol :D

good luck

BeachMama05
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 9:37 AM

congrats!!! thats wonderful! you can do it!!!! just know the reason your up there!!

1.hot.mama2005
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Congratulations! That's so great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilrain429
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks guys! I'm so nervous and excited at the same time and I asked all my friends to show up. They said they would and I'm thinking If I can find them in the crowd and just look at them I'll be fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMama05
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:08 AM

thats a good idea :)

Quoting aprilrain429:

Thanks guys! I'm so nervous and excited at the same time and I asked all my friends to show up. They said they would and I'm thinking If I can find them in the crowd and just look at them I'll be fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN