Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

When did you find out the gender of your baby?

I have my next appt on June 28th , I'll be thirteen weeks and two days. But I'm not sure if I'll find out the gender this appt or next.
What's your thoughts on finding out early? Any chance it won't be accurate?
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 3:53 AM
Replies (41-47):
AnakaAlisyn
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:08 AM

We found out when she came out.  It's what I wanted.  I was expecting someone in the room to exclaim "it's a (fill in the blank) the way they do in the movies.  Instead the doctor handed her to me and went down to sew me up.  I asked if it was a boy or girl and he said, "I didn't think to look."  He came up, lifted her leg, and in the most monotonous voice ever, said, "it's a girl" and went back down to finish sewing me up.  Not what I had envisioned, but still totally awesome. 

babyk12
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 7:51 PM

We tryed @ 20 weeks but the baby wouldn't open it's legs for us

so we found out i was having a girl @ 23 weeks ( :

cheyenne1988
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:24 PM

18 weeks when i found out i was having a baby boy! now hes 2 and a Total Boy!

unspecified42
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:41 PM

With my son and my surrogate daughter I was around 13 weeks. With both of my surrogate sons I had to wait until the 20-ish week mark when they do the anatomy scan. We tried with my second SS to find out at the nuchal translucency scan but I was like 12 weeks 4 days and it was too early.

I have an appointment with a new OB on the 29th and I will be 14 weeks and they want to repeat my ultrasound since I haven't seen them for this pregnancy. I know this practice has great equipment, so I'm kind of hoping we might be able to find out the gender if I'm really nice to the tech:) 

HizzPrincess
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 1:04 AM

i found out DD1 was a girl at 14 weeks when i had a miscarriage

DD2 i found out when she was born because she was stubborn

DD3 i found out at 19 weeks at my anatomy scan, ill be 30 weeks at my next ultrasound and hopefully shes still a girl!!

siennasmamma
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 2:28 PM
I first found out @ 20 weeks, then checked again @ 30 weeks just to be sure.
There's always a chance it won't be accurate, especially at 13 weeks.
If you can find out, then do it. But don't go crazy buying all girl or all boy things because you never know. If you do, just leave the tags on for now. I'd also have the tech check again at the next appointment after you find out.
arigdon4
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 2:30 PM
I hope we can get a guess at our next. Ill be 14 weeks on the 21st
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)