Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really being put down..

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:03 AM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this

I know alot of people are not so much for the teen mom thing. But not everyone in the whole world had to let me know in one night , at the same time... It's really hurtful. Constantly being told I screwed up? I think things happen for a reason. Yes , I understand I'm young but That does not mean I am uncapeable of taking care of a baby. I just wish people would be nicer. I really need some supportive friends. 
PLEASE , no negative comments. I really can Not take anymore.:( 

pregnancy

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nylahmonroe9811
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:28 AM

hey my name is Geonna Charnae I am 19 and I have a baby girl named Nylah Monroe she is 9 months... I totally understand where u are coming from cause I've been in that same perdiciment before! when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter was on my 18th birthday and I was really scared cause I was in the middle of my senior year in high school, and when ppl found out I was pregnant I lost all my friends , they called me names and my own family told my that I wasn't going to be anything in life and they always put me down tried talking me in to getting abortions and the whole nine yards but I did what was best for me despite all the negativity I chose to keep and parent my daughter and yes Im a single parent but im doing pretty damn good! my daughter is the best thing that ever happened to me! u can get through this it's going to be tough but just keep ur head up throughout the whole thing! if u ever need to talk feel free to add and message me I am always here=)

Januarybaby2013
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:33 AM

Thanks , so much. It really is hard with so much negativity. 

Quoting nylahmonroe9811:

hey my name is Geonna Charnae I am 19 and I have a baby girl named Nylah Monroe she is 9 months... I totally understand where u are coming from cause I've been in that same perdiciment before! when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter was on my 18th birthday and I was really scared cause I was in the middle of my senior year in high school, and when ppl found out I was pregnant I lost all my friends , they called me names and my own family told my that I wasn't going to be anything in life and they always put me down tried talking me in to getting abortions and the whole nine yards but I did what was best for me despite all the negativity I chose to keep and parent my daughter and yes Im a single parent but im doing pretty damn good! my daughter is the best thing that ever happened to me! u can get through this it's going to be tough but just keep ur head up throughout the whole thing! if u ever need to talk feel free to add and message me I am always here=)

pregnancy

nylahmonroe9811
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:48 AM

yes it really is and that's wat I am here for u are soo welcomed=)

BeachMama05
by Jamie on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:41 AM

You are just going to have to get some thick skin and move forward.. easier said then done I know... Of course you didnt "screw up" you made a decsicion that will change your life forever and what blessing it is to become a mommy! CONGRATS! dont let them get to you! It isnt about the, its about you and that baby now! It will get easier mama! 

heather4511
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:39 AM
As a teen mom, it doesn't get easier as far as people being judgemental. But you didn't screw up, you just made a different choice. Now you just have to be a great mom and prove everyone wrong. Congrats and good luck :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amber710
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I had my first pregnancy when I was 14. My boyfriend was 16. He worked while I finished high school and we did great with our daughter. No one else ever had to buy her anything and we raised her very well. We are married for 2 years now (we are 19 and 21) and expecting our second. There is no reason you can't be a great parent when you are young. Just do your best. How old are you? Is the father involved at all?

.Angelica.
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Quoting BeachMama05:

You are just going to have to get some thick skin and move forward.. easier said then done I know... Of course you didnt "screw up" you made a decsicion that will change your life forever and what blessing it is to become a mommy! CONGRATS! dont let them get to you! It isnt about the, its about you and that baby now! It will get easier mama! 

SecondChance222
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:27 PM

I can understand this conpletly. With my first pregnancy the one that I lost due to stress everyone was telling me how foolish I was. The fathers parents even went so far as to tell me that they would adopt my child if I would let them because they thought I was unfit as a mother. Now I am 21 weeks and with this baby I hear much less about how I did wrong but I still see it in peoples eyes I still feel it in there actions the way they dont talk about the baby and the way that they ignore the ever growing belly. So I sympathise my friend.

JayBearsmomma
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:05 PM
I was 17 and pregnant so i can relate
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmommytobe.
by Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Screw them. Negativity is no fun. Trust me I know. My father isn't taking his role as grandfather like he should be. Thinks my child's life is a joke. The kid isn't even born yet! People are going look at you with "omg" stares, whispers, and say things as it comes to their simple mind. You gotta stay strong so you don't lose this child as well. Stress is no fun, I had my fair share yesterday. Life won't get easier only harder so screw people raining on your parade. Your child comes first now, born or not. They can take their rain cloud and pour it somewhere else.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)