Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

smh he's on baby number 3

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:15 AM
  • 11 Replies
I just found out my daughters dad had the little boy he always wanted. Lailonie is only 18 months. He isn't even supportive of her. What hurts the most is that he hasn't seen our daughter but he was at the hospital for the birth of this one. I need some advice. I'm really feeling horrible right now
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Innocencedreams
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:33 AM
If he acts that way, cut him out. You and your child deserve better. File for support, and then cut off contact with him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doll0302
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:35 AM
Don't sweat it. He is the one that will determine his relationship with any of his kids. If he doesn't want to be around, your DD is better off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMama05
by Jamie on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:36 AM

HUGS! I bet its hard but he is the one missing you! Enjoy your sweet baby girl!

feliciasmith
by Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:39 AM

BUMP!

mommietwobe
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:05 AM

You and your daughter definitley deserve better. My daughter is two years old, Im 33 weeks pregnant (with his baby girl), he got another girl pregnant and she is like 35 weeks pregnant by him also, AND he just got a new girlfriend and got her pregnant. He hasnt bought my 2 year old a damn thing since she has been made or born, no diapers-wipes-clothes-gifts e.t.c. It kills me when he walks in and out of my 2 year olds life and I cant have him do it to two little girls so he is cut off from them. It makes my 2 year old cry herself to sleep and as a mother I cant watch that and it makes me hurt so bad. He will see you and your daughter doing so much better and realize he missed out on something really good.Like people tell me one day god will send you a MAN that will love and take care of you and your daughter better than he ever has.Keep your head up. :)

EmilyWilsonn
by Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:10 AM
I know exactly how you feel. I found out that my daughter's father, who has seen her one time, for less than an hour in the whole 10 1/2 months she's been alive, has 5 other kids with 2 different women, one of which was apparently his fiancé while we were together smh. He also lives with 3 of his kids and the two older ones see him on weekends, but he doesn't want to have anything to do with my daughter, which honestly I am okay with now. You feel betrayed and hurt right now but soon you will realize that he is not worth these feelings and tears, and just know that your baby has a great mom and she doesn't need anything more. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather4511
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM
My daughters dad is the same way. You cant take it personally. I'm just glad to be rid or him and that i have my DD to myself. Just don't dwell on it and focus on you and your daughter, that's what's really important.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

i agree with this. you can't force him to want to be a good dad. all you can do is be there for your daughter.

Quoting doll0302:

Don't sweat it. He is the one that will determine his relationship with any of his kids. If he doesn't want to be around, your DD is better off.

nerdymom28
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I understand how you feel. My daughter is 5 and her father has never even met her. He hasn't even tried to be a part of her life. But he's included in the lives of his other 5 children (by 4 different women). At first I hurt for her, but then I just filed for child support and cut off contact. I don't try to get ahold of him, he doesn't try to get ahold of me. I gave up on trying to make him be a father a long time ago. Instead I focus my energy on being the best mom I can for my daughter, to make up for his shortcomings. It's not what I would wish for my daughter, but I do the best I can. She's a happy, healthy, well adjusted kid and I'm grateful for that.

MomofJaR
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:52 PM

My daughters father had 2 boys and I got pregnant and had "the girl he always wanted" and his ass still wasnt there for her.  So I did what i had to do as her mother, I took him for CS and got it and then went for sole custody and got it.  I am currently in the process of getting her last name changed because he doesnt deserve to be associated with her at this point.  Good luck, I know it sucks seeing him taking care of another child when yours misses him.  I get occasional text messages from him saying that he is taking care of his boys and he has them for the weekend or whatever and he demands that I let him take her for the day.  My daughter is 5 and has never been alone with him so if he thinks I am going to let her go with him he is nuts, I just don't respond to anything he says.  Its hard but you can do it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)