Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

In serious need of friends

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:35 PM
  • 16 Replies

It feels a little ridiculous having to start over finding friends at 23 years old. It's certainly not easy. In high school it was never an issue I've always had a lot of friends but now it seems I have none. I moved to Arkansas from California when I was 15 to live with my mom but after she passed I felt home sick so decided to move back to California at the age of 21. After I moved back to Cali it seemed like all my Arkansas friends forgot about me. I stayed with an Aunt for awhile and that was nice because I always had cousins to hang out with and talk to but then I met my current fiance. I absolutely love him and we decided to move in together about a year ago. I worked for a little while but then we decided to try for a child and he preferred me not to work (not that I mind) but during that time I still didn't find any new friends. So here I am, a year later, in a new city, still friendless. It was fine because I have my fiance and his family but I recently had our daughter and now the fact that I don't have any one to talk to is crushing me. So if someone has advice..or just an ear to lend it'd be highly appreciated because I have no idea what to do about this situation lol

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sheenabby09
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:41 PM
Hi I'm sheena I'm in Cali feel the same way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Welcome to the group.  

I think it gets harder to make good friends as we get older, especially if we're stay at home moms.  Can you join any moms groups, like on meetup.com or MOPs?

siennasmamma
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 3:18 PM
I'm Bri, 19, and I have a 9 month old daughter. I'm a SAHM too, and my support system is also my fiancé and his family. So I definitely know what you're going through. I think it's just a part of being a new young mom, and especially a SAHM, that friends seem few and far between. You could try looking for a mom's group in your area. They usually meet up at least once a month to talk while the kids play. Other than that, I'll be here for you if you need a friend. Lol. I need one too.
lillokita
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 3:37 PM
Hey I'm Lorna I'm 21 with 3 munchkins 1 on the way I'm a sahm also and also from Cali -SoCal- I'm here we could txt if u want I don't like CM messaging lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tm88rn
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Welcome to the group! I'm also 23. I do have friends, but they've only been here for the past 5 years or so. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like!

Taryn

Wife to Brandon 7-2-07

Mother to Max 9-13-09, Benson and Payton 5-8-11, TJ 5-1-12, and Andre 6-2-12

raeyliNlilysmom
by Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:14 PM

:(( I STILL LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 You always have me! 

newmommytobe.
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Welcome to the group. I'm from Cali as well but no longer live there ): But going to visit next month :D

CafeMom Tickers
BeachMama05
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:07 PM

welcome

onedayillsmile
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Aww! lol I didn't even know you were on here Kelly I love you too

.Angelica.
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:57 PM

welcome to the group.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)