Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Eating right

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 4:07 AM
  • 8 Replies

Anyone have any trouble eating while they were/are pregnant? I know I am...Since I've been so tired, I get maybe 1, 2 meals if I'm lucky, in during the day and barely drink anything except for some juice that's on the nightstand. I know this isn't good or good for the baby but I get so tired that I can't stay awake long enough to eat anything. Anyone have any tricks to concore this? I get headaches too but I know it's from not eating enough or drinking enough. Can anyone help?

can of worms

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 4:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
insaneygolover
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:21 AM

I was sick my entire pregnancy at barely ate anything for the first 4 months...I lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks. I sugest binge eating...find a time of day or night that works for you and eat everything in sight! My daughter was born healthy, and doing this method made me quit losing weight, and the rest was just baby.

BeachMama05
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:57 AM

I had to force myself to eat.. then I couldnt stop.... it came in cycles!

Reina13
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

This was me too.

Join us in the Pregnancy group

Quoting BeachMama05:

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I'd just make sure that when you are able to eat that you're eating fuller-fat, higher calorie foods so that you can be sure that you're getting enough for both you and the baby.  Also, try just eating snacks whenever you are awake enough.

Innocencedreams
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:15 PM

No, I eat healthy all the time, organic, whole foods, lots of fresh fruits and veggies, and little sugar or chemicals, and at least three meals a day, since we eat together as a family. 

.Angelica.
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Quoting amonkeymom:

I'd just make sure that when you are able to eat that you're eating fuller-fat, higher calorie foods so that you can be sure that you're getting enough for both you and the baby.  Also, try just eating snacks whenever you are awake enough.

bamababe1975
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Remind yourself that you have to eat in order to keep up your energy and feed the baby. Find some good, simple, small meals and eat those at regular intervals and talk to your doctor about the fatigue you're feeling. If you're like me, you might be anemic as well as dehydrated.

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

heather4511
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Same here! Just try your best and keep healthy finger foods around to snack on

Quoting BeachMama05:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN