Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

crap...

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:31 PM
  • 34 Replies

my son is starting to reject a bottle. i pump and nurse and he was doing really well taking whichever, until the last 2 days. h wants nothing to do with the bottle, only wants the boob. my girls were like that, but while still in the hospital they quit the bottle. he'll be 2 weeks so i thought maybe he liked it. guess i'll see.

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandadbaker
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:37 PM

good luck!

remaining_me
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:44 PM

ty. i wanted his dad more involved this time, so this is going to make that difficult.

Quoting mandadbaker:

good luck!

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:45 PM
He can still be involved in other ways:) Bath time, snuggling, diaper changes... Maybe he can be the first to feed him solids at 6 months.

Quoting remaining_me:

ty. i wanted his dad more involved this time, so this is going to make that difficult.

Quoting mandadbaker:

good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HizzPrincess
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this

how weird, i keep hearing dont introduce the bottle until 3 months cuz they choose bottle over boob cuz they dont have to work as hard, so thats what i did with DD. I guess it just depends on the baby?! Because i will be breastfeeding and bottle feeding breast milk with this baby too.

remaining_me
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:39 PM

i've heard talk of when its best to introduce the bottle too. i haven't had a little one who chose bottle over boob yet. i'm going to give it a try for the rest of the week and if he doesnt want it, maybe down the line i will try to reintroduce the bottle.

Quoting HizzPrincess:

how weird, i keep hearing dont introduce the bottle until 3 months cuz they choose bottle over boob cuz they dont have to work as hard, so thats what i did with DD. I guess it just depends on the baby?! Because i will be breastfeeding and bottle feeding breast milk with this baby too.

HizzPrincess
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:42 PM

maybe ill try to introduce the bottle sooner than 3 months then, hmmm

Quoting remaining_me:

i've heard talk of when its best to introduce the bottle too. i haven't had a little one who chose bottle over boob yet. i'm going to give it a try for the rest of the week and if he doesnt want it, maybe down the line i will try to reintroduce the bottle.

Quoting HizzPrincess:

remaining_me
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:48 PM

yeah, i don't see anything wrong with that. i'd give the little one a few days to learn to latch well on the boob (of course some babies take much longet to learn so however long it takes to get it down well) and i'd also more frequently nurse rather than offer the bottle. if you think the bottle is becoming a problem quit until you feel its a good time to try again, but it really gave my kids no trouble at all learning to latch.

Quoting HizzPrincess:

Quoting remaining_me:

Quoting HizzPrincess:

HizzPrincess
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:57 PM

see, dd latched well before we left the hospital like she was a pro, but they told me not to introduce the bottle until she was 3 months so i did just that, and she weined herself off two days after her first birthday.

Quoting remaining_me:

yeah, i don't see anything wrong with that. i'd give the little one a few days to learn to latch well on the boob (of course some babies take much longet to learn so however long it takes to get it down well) and i'd also more frequently nurse rather than offer the bottle. if you think the bottle is becoming a problem quit until you feel its a good time to try again, but it really gave my kids no trouble at all learning to latch.

Quoting HizzPrincess:

Quoting remaining_me:

Quoting HizzPrincess:

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:55 PM
My first son developed nipple preference and I was only able to nurse him once. Nipple preference/confusion is common and can be damaging to the breastfeeding relationship. Its best to wait 6 weeks when your supply regulates and baby has a good latch.

Quoting HizzPrincess:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMama05
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Same happened to my DD.. She was a boobie monster :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)