Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

How do you tell people your pregnant?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'll be 17 soon and i just found out im pregnant. im probably about a month along. my best friend has a baby who is about a year. she's really supportive, as well as my other two best friends who know. my boyfriend knows and so does one of his friends, im scared of how people are going to treat me at school. and im terrified to tell my mom. how do you even start that conversation? i love my mom so much and she's all i have. i was thinking about having my friends and my brother help me tell her. but at the same time would it be better for me to just tell her on my own? should i tell her soon? like, the sooner the better? are people going to be mean to at school? my boyfriend isnt in school anymore so he wont be there for me. how do you tell people? like post it on facebook? are people going to judge me? im not the first girl at my school. in fact, last year probably 5 or 6 girls were pregnant and our school isnt that big. maybe 400 or so kids. i just need some advice i suppose.

by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Replies (11-17):
remaining_me
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 10:23 PM

i'd tell your mom right away and its what i did. i think the sooner the better. as far as kids in school go, idk. i wouldn't care to put it out there for them, unless they're friends and you want to tell them. they'll know as you grow.

ntmy3197
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I know it is hard, but the sooner you tell her the better. Maybe write her a heartfelt letter?  It will feel like a whole load off your shoulders and things will get easyer I promice!

People will say mean things to you, but they aren't worth your time. Just focus on staying happy and healthy. Babies pick up on when your upset. Congratulations on your baby!

Si21
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 12:52 AM
She'll get over it, just give her some time .. my dad was the same way and I'm 22 which I don't think is even that young lol as for tellin anyone else, that's up to you and your personal feelings. I still have only told a few ppl and I never put it on fb or anything.. sometimes I wish I would've just told everyone at once but it feels so weird .. no one including myself ever thought I'd have kids .. makes me feel so awkward /: but good luck I wish you the best !!

Quoting Adrianna94:

i want to say thank you to all of you. i told my mom today. she said some bad things to me. but i guess she's just upset. i just wish she was a little bit more supporitve. it'll be okay though. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Innocencedreams
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Tell your mom right away. I was 18, married, and our baby was planned, when I got pregnant, so my situation was different. It isn't going to be easy, but you'll get through it. 

SimplyMarcii
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 10:30 PM

i know exactly what your going through. i got pg at 17 in august of 09 && i kept it to myself till i was about 3 months. From tht experiece i say tell your mom as soon as possible  in a sit down, just you and her. just spit it out the faster the better(:  its wat i did and my mom took it farily well, the nxt day i was at the doc.s office and taking prenatal pills. as for the ppol at school they are going to whisper, they are going to talk, and they are going to throw insults and make you feel bad...all you need to do is keep your head up and dont listen to anything anybody tells you. being pg can be a wonderful thing no matter the age and ppl try to ruin it...dont let them(: && if you plan on posting on fb wait till you go to the doc && get a sonogram. post the pic and put something like " new mommy in progress" or  " going to be a mommy; everyone meet the new munchkin" make it sound exciting and like your happy about bc then fb ppl will respond in a positive way(:

i hope this helps if you have any questions hmu(:

KristaCo.
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I sorta feel like that now. I'm 19, almost 20 and I just found I was pregnant. I dropped out of college 3 months ago for family reasons. I'm scared to death to tell my family because of how they'll react. My grandparents are really religious and will lecture me about several things. (Like sex before marriage, living together before marriage).. I just want them to accept it. This wasn't an unplanned pregnancy and I realize my boyfriend and I are doing things backwards but we are getting married before the baby is born. That was always the plan. I'm just afraid of what my family will say and do.. I don't want to hate me. I'm almost 20 and I feel that I shouldn't be treated like a child.

kstorm234
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:34 PM
My experience wasn't the best with telling my dad but its better to tell sooner. You need to make a prenatal appointment as soon as possible.
No one said anything to me at school, at least not to my face. At my school there were always a few girls every year that were pregnant and some were on their second and one girl was on her third pregnancy. Just stick with the people who are supportive. My boyfriend wasn't at school with me either but its really not that bad. I wish he could have been there, it would have been nice to see him everyday but oh well. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN