Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

talks

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:37 PM
  • 11 Replies

how long does it take for my stomach to go down after my baby is born

by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MePlusTwins
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Depends after I gave birth to my twins, like still numb in my room, my stomach was completely flat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
neveah21
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:42 PM

ok thank you because im new to this whole mom thing

joaquinsmommy7
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 11:37 PM
it took me a week for a flat tummy after ds idk about these twins lol... it varies on your body type and how much weight was gained...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:45 AM
It varies, but ib general, it will take a few weeks. it takes 4-6 weeks for your uterus to shrink down to pre-pregnancy size and to descend into your pelvic area ( not sure Im saying that right) where it normally sits when not pregnant. also, the muscles in the front of your abdomen have probably parted during the last few weeks and also take some weeks to come back together. and the extra fat that has accrued in the stomach and hips will gradually disappear...the healthier you eat, longer you Bf, and the more quality exercise you get, the less time it will take.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mikkinew
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:50 AM

It depends. Mine was gone right after I had my babies.

BeachMama05
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:48 AM

depends.. with my son it went down with in the first few weeks (no stretch marks)... with my daughter I had stretch marks so I feel like it never went fully back down :/

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Everyone is different, but eating right, exercise and keeping up a positive attitude will all go a long way.  :)

MommiesPNut
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 1:32 PM
It all depends on your body. How much you weighed before pregnancy, how much you gained, etc. I've heard tons of people say breast feeding really helps rid your body of the extra weight and when you nurse your uterus contracts some. I know some girls who said their bodies bounced back first with their first than their second or third. My son was 8lbs 7.4oz 21.5 inches. I gained 21 lbs and after delivering him my stomach was flat.
heather4511
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 2:16 PM
My stomach is quite flat and i gave birth to my second baby three weeks ago
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 6:02 PM

depends on the person really.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN