Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

self esteem campaign ... pic included!

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 6:48 PM
  • 4 Replies

so my friend is a local photographer in my town and is doing a campaign to raise awareness and start some workshops to help girls of all ages,shapes , sizes, colors.

as someone who struggles with mental health I was asked to participate. many girls of all ages backgrounds and EVERYTHIG else took place. we took pictures and shared our stories

my story
my name is justina and I am 23 years old. I am a single mother who struggles daily with mental illness. as a way to block out my pain and suffering I turned to drugs and alcohol at te age of 16. I tortured my parents,family,friends and everyone around me. after years of struggle the month before I turned 21 I gave it up. I got clean and sober in February of 2010. the only 2 people that ever had my back were my parents. in match of 2011 when I was getting ready to welcome my son in July, my mom passed away. in August 2011 a month after my son was born, I lost my dad. everyday I struggle with myself, my mind, and my entire world. in November 2011 I attempted suicide and was lucky to not succeed. 7 months out, I am currently in a partial hospital intensive outpatient program

I am working hard every day to become the person I want to be as someone I recognize. I owe this to my son, friends, family and most importantly my 2 angels , mom and dad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
js321
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:04 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:44 PM

clapping

BeccaJ8311
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Keep up the good work. I can't imagine losing both my parents and being a single mother! I applaud you!  You are BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT!! Never forget that.

JayBearsmomma
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:15 PM
What a story thanks for sharing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)