Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

I'm so sick of everything, besides my baby girl. Her and my family are the only light i have in my life anymore. My fiance is having priority issues. I live with him and his family. People run in and out of the house all the time. My fiance is 17 years old, and has yet to grow up. I'm a year older than him and the first time i laid eyes on my baby girl I grew up, and quick. He is to involved with himself and his friends to try helping me out. I don't believe changing your babies diaper twice a day is helping much. To him though its a lot.

Ladies, give me your opinions on what you'd do. I'm so confused atm!

My month old baby girl<3
7lbs and 6oz as of right now.

by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Replies (11-18):
Nikky1090
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 6:31 PM

My Baby daddy left for a while and now he is wanting to come back. hes 19 and still has yet to grow up so i really know how you feel.

renamac19
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 6:39 PM

sit him down and tell him everything your doing for your child compared to his 2 diapers a day explain to him that you did not make this beautiful creation on your own and you need his time and attention to be put not only towards your daughter but towards you 

remaining_me
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 6:53 PM

sorry your going through this. he behaves like a child because he is a child, though...bottom line. everyone grows at their own pace. its hard to deal with, i know. i got married as a teen and being with my husband was sometimes like having another sibling. it sickened me, lol. if you really want it you'll get through it. good luck to you two. =]

declansMommy11
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:23 PM

it could get better but staying with him is just showing him that u will still stick around...dont be with him..my husband and i got married young...i was 16 he was 22....it took him almost 1 year to step up and be the dad he is...but iuf he was much younger it wouldnt have happened so quick....I would try to cut ties with him... you cant make someone do something...thats why i left...and he eventually came around 1...he wanted to be a good father and 2...he loved me enough in the end to realize what he was missing out on...i hope things get better but being young and having a child is very hard let alone being engaged/married....it almsot never works out :/

19andmomtobe
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Im only 20 and my hubs is almost 26 and still acts like a butthead sometimes. All I can say is give it time. Some days I'm more mad at him just cause I'm hormonal. I'm unfair sometimes cause I lose a lot of sleep and go to college and just feel like its so much but I forget he works 60 hours too. So maybe you need to go out to dinner just the two of you and set some priorities. My son is almost 5 months now. We went on our first date together less than a month ago just the two of us since my son had been born. It was just what we needed. Consider this just a rough patch that will only make your relationship stronger in the long run. No relationship is perfect but the best ones are the ones worth fighting for :) keep your head up.
mlg9209
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:12 PM
My df doesn't even change my baby's diaper. He works full time though. And baby sat him for me Tuesday and Thursdays all day. Idk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessesbride
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 8:27 PM

First of all, you do need to talk to him about your feelings.  2nd realize that you need to do WHATEVER it is that you can to be independent of him & his family, while taking care of your daughter.  I know that sounds harsh, but hon, you can hope he'll change his tune, but you cannot change anyone but yourself.  Get on WIC, section 8 housing, get your schooling done, work a job, find other avenues.  B/c if you 2 don't work out... where are the 2 of you going to go?  He is probably thinking he's just a kid, w/o taking into account that so are you.  Figure out where you want to be in 1 year, 5 years, 10 years & start looking for ways you can get to where you want to be.  WHO YOU want to be, not just for yourself, but also for your daughter! Realize that if he's not going to get it together, you may be on your own here...  Good luck!  It's a hard road your traveling, but speaking from experience here... it's totally worth it.  I was a single mom for 9 1/2 yrs & my now 15 yr old son is the best thing ever!

mandadbaker
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Thank you ladies for all your advice. We talked things over and the next day after our talk he stepped up. We cleaned our whole house and just been taking care of our baby girl. Thanks again for everything!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)